Author Topic: Anyone Played Golf Or Mini Golf In Real Life Before?  (Read 7286 times)

Anyone Played Golf Or Mini Golf In Real Life Before?
« on: February 23, 2020, 07:43:40 am »
I have played both, Golf and mini golf in real life but I really can't swing the club to hit the ball in regular golf. Growing up I had a set of clubs a few irons and sand wedge, But I need to go to the range to learn how to use a driver. in which to my surprise trying to hit the ball straight with a driver club is nothing like striking the ball with a 4 iron club, or even a pitching wedge for that matter

If you don't know what I am talking about, a driver is a type of golf club/stick that is used often to hit the ball really really far and it takes a lot of practice for a lot of people to get the hang of it, in real life., An Iron is another type of golf club/stick used to hit the ball when you're in the longer grass, or at a shorter distance. from the goal in which in golf is to knock a ball in the little hole at a distance.

There is a cheap mini golf game in my area and tons of golf courses, and even a driver range for some cheap practice but golf cost to much for my wallet, therefore, I went golfing for a few minutes. I didn't know what to expect on a real golf course by myself so I tried and I'll never go back, there is people that will yell at you and kick you off their golf course if you are too slow, and can't find your ball. even though you paid to get access to their playground

Most people want you to spend over $60 USD only for a maximum of 2 hours only to be rushed off the course by  staff and members >:(

I wish people would shove those golf carts up their butt, I wanted to enjoy getting out of my apartment, but no I was rushed all 3 times to get off, didn't even enjoy myself and no I was not vandalizing their turf either they just wanted me to rush through it
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:04:37 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Anyone Played Golf Or Mini Golf In Real Life Before?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 01:00:43 pm »
Many, many times. When I was a kid my mom used to take me all the time to Mini golf and I remember really enjoying it. I tried real golf out when I was about 15 and on top of being terrible at it, I just didn't like it as much. Sadly I haven't played mini golf in probably a decade. Might have to try it out again this summer.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 02:52:00 pm »
A golf course isn't a playground. Other people paid to play so they expect other people playing to move on to the next hole at a reasonable pace.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 03:13:25 pm »
A golf course isn't a playground. Other people paid to play so they expect other people playing to move on to the next hole at a reasonable pace.

yes unfortunately :(, The staff were not really screaming (post edited) but I remember how disappointed it was to pay money and not really get to enjoy the game more, Of course if I had a lot of money, and friends who were golfers I may have been able to go and have a good time, in this lifetime

Never liked the idea of golf carts, I like to carry my own clubs for a round of 18 holes, I have no golfing experience I don't know how to navigate a golf course and I can't look at the bright sky or my eyes will sting badly, I never could figure out which golf ball was mine because people on that course just left them behind, for the record I was in the rough and those people had plenty place to go around me. I don't like golfing in real life because it sucks

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 04:11:35 pm »
for the record I was in the rough and those people had plenty place to go around me.

Except that goes against golfing etiquette and procedure. Only one group should be playing a hole at any given time to minimize confusion, interference with others, and reduce risk of injury to others.
If you want to play at your own pace, you need to go at a non-peak time, like early on an overcast weekday (Or just simply asking the staff, "I'm a slow golfer, when's the best time for me to play so I don't slow down anyone else?").

I never could figure out which golf ball was mine
That's when you buy a ball with a distinctive feature or color. Easier to find your ball when it's the only neon orange one of the lot. Though it is odd that that many balls would be left behind; most golfers like adding the lost and found balls to their reserve stockpile.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 06:05:06 pm »
I've never played real golf in my life.
Here in Japan, however, people (especially older men) absolutely love it, so they have something I've never seen anywhere else in the world: golf driving ranges (usually called gorufu renshuujo or uchippanashi) where you can pay just to hit the ball and practice your swing. These places are usually crowded around 18h to 21h when salarymen stop there to (I guess) relieve some stress from work before going back home.
I've tried it sometimes with some friends who really dig into the sport and, as someone who has played baseball for most of his life, I can say that I find the technique needed to hit that little ball from the ground and make it go in the direction you want it to is much harder than hitting a baseball...

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 07:25:03 pm »
I’ve never played a proper game of golf, but I do like going to the driving range once in a while. Mini golf is fun too, but I’m not that good at it. When my wife and I were dating, one summer we made a point to try every mini golf course in town, of which there are several.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 09:20:49 pm »
I’ve played a shit-load of golf. I actually used to be extremely average. I shot in the low 90’s pretty consistently.
I haven’t played in a long time. I wish I had more time. It’s a fun game.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:09 pm »
Here in Japan, however, people (especially older men) absolutely love it, so they have something I've never seen anywhere else in the world: golf driving ranges (usually called gorufu renshuujo or uchippanashi) where you can pay just to hit the ball and practice your swing. These places are usually crowded around 18h to 21h when salarymen stop there to (I guess) relieve some stress from work before going back home.
I've tried it sometimes with some friends who really dig into the sport and, as someone who has played baseball for most of his life, I can say that I find the technique needed to hit that little ball from the ground and make it go in the direction you want it to is much harder than hitting a baseball...

Driving Ranges are pretty common here in Canada. Most Golf Courses have one attached and sometimes they are stand-alone.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 11:14:09 pm »
There are golf driving ranges in the United States as well.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 09:55:47 am »
When I was a kid, there was a place on-base (I was a navy brat) called Sqigglee's (Not sure on the spelling anymore) that was THE place to go in the summer. The admission got you into the pool, which had a water slide, a diving board, a snack bar, & a gift shop with pool toys & goggles and such. Thing is, it connected to the back end of both a 50s themed diner, and the mini golf course, so you could get to either of those from the pool- and the mini golf was free to pool patrons. You learned to keep an eye on the clock so you could grab a club/ball and be on the mini course before you got kicked out for adult swim. I played a LOT of mini golf during summer as a kid. Not a lot of mini courses around here though- lots of proper courses and driving ranges, though. I've never played actual golf- my dad used to be into it, & my fiancé & his sister both were on the high school team, but the real deal never interested me much.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 01:32:30 pm »
One time, I tried out for my high school's golf team...

I was told "you need to play golf outside of Nintendo".

Apparently they didn't like me using a putter to smash a ball 50 yards to the green, instead of using a "proper" 9 iron. Or maybe it was because I didn't own a real golf bag and used a gym duffle bag to awkwardly carry a hodgepodge of thrift store clubs.

I was the only one who was cut.  ::)

kashell

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 02:49:30 pm »
I think I played real golf more than mini golf (putt-putt golf as it was called in my neck of the woods). I prefer putt putt to the real thing. Real golf is boring as hell.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 07:15:48 pm »
One time, I tried out for my high school's golf team...

I was told "you need to play golf outside of Nintendo".

Apparently they didn't like me using a putter to smash a ball 50 yards to the green, instead of using a "proper" 9 iron. Or maybe it was because I didn't own a real golf bag and used a gym duffle bag to awkwardly carry a hodgepodge of thrift store clubs.

I was the only one who was cut.  ::)

That would suck, I never tried out for my high school golf team because I figured that I would be cut out of it as well, I have some old clubs still but never had a full set or a golf bag.

the driving range had many people but the 2 mini golf course barely has people playing. I remember a about 10 years ago they only charged $12 USD. or something If i remember correctly on both the putt putt courses,

there a at a little amusement park not far from where I live. they have a go-kart track and a bouncing center as well as a golf driving range for anyone who wants to.

park admission was free and probably still is.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:17:29 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

thewelshman

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 11:01:30 am »
Golfing is what I usually do when my brother-in-laws want to get out of the house and have some drinks. The only time I ever did much put-put was before I met my wife. There was an inexpensive one near where I lived I would often take dates for something to do that's not the normal movie and dinner. I'm impatient, so I always sped through whatever hole we were on.