Author Topic: Xbox One Console Questions on Backwards Compatibility  (Read 1264 times)

Xbox One Console Questions on Backwards Compatibility
« on: March 04, 2020, 04:13:54 am »
Hi,

Interested to know a little more on Xbox Ones BC & Enhancements

When using a 360 or original Xbox title which is compatible, does it need to read the disc everytime or just once to download the title of the store? I'm wondering if I can lt my family use some of my games once to keep on their console or if in doing that the copy will be registered and not useable again on other Xbox One consoles (Should I get one in time)

Also another Q. I see that there are games with Xbox One Enhancements, do these games get the same enhancements on the Xbox One S or is it just the X console? For instance I'm interested in getting the console for games like the Final Fantasy XIII series as I see it's had substantial upgrades via the Xbox One Enhancements, just want to know if these upgrades take effect on the Xbox One S too?

Xbox Enhanced List:
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list#tabletitle

Final Fantasy XIII Comparisons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Fyy9jhBxs
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:20:10 am by vivigamer »

Re: Xbox One Console Questions on Backwards Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 04:53:17 am »
1) It needs to read the disc each time. While the entire game is just downloaded and the disc never used for gameplay, the disc check is there to prevent the exact scenario you describe. Pure digital versions of the 360 games however, can be shared like One games via setting each other's consoles as their home console.

2) No. The enhancements are exclusive to the X. Though even without enhancements, 360 games load and perform better on the One than they do on the 360.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 06:05:50 am »
Cool thanks for the clarification :)

I'm on the fence about buying an Xbox One X As of course due to the upcoming Series Console, but I do want to play XIII with them enhancements... Kind of waiting to see if the PS5 raises the stakes of backwards compatibility as it is becoming a big deal.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 08:40:50 am »
Cool thanks for the clarification :)

I'm on the fence about buying an Xbox One X As of course due to the upcoming Series Console, but I do want to play XIII with them enhancements... Kind of waiting to see if the PS5 raises the stakes of backwards compatibility as it is becoming a big deal.
Series X is definitely supposed to play BC better than X1X, if that's any selling point on not getting an X1X yet.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 06:52:07 pm »
I wish you would have asked yesterday. Best Buy had Xbox one X's for an extra $100 off, so they were $199.99 (with a game). just checked and they are at 299.99 again :(

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 08:35:09 pm »
I wish you would have asked yesterday. Best Buy had Xbox one X's for an extra $100 off, so they were $199.99 (with a game). just checked and they are at 299.99 again :(
You sure it was $199 for an X and not an S? That doesn't sound right and I don't see anything about that from video game deal sites..

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 09:44:22 pm »
You sure it was $199 for an X and not an S? That doesn't sound right and I don't see anything about that from video game deal sites..

Oh I'm sure it was the XB1 X. They actually ended up selling out most of them. This was the night before last night, but yesterday they were up in price again. Best Buy has had some odd quick sales over the last couple days....it's actually crazy to keep track of.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:40:48 am by wolff242 »

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 01:24:51 am »

Oh I'm sure it was the XB1 X. They actually ended up selling out most of them. This was the night before last night, but yesterday they were up in price again. Best Buy has had some odd quick sales over the last couple days....it's actually crazy to keep track of.
I imagine some resellers were happy about that, lol.