Author Topic: What Are Some Video Games That Have Angels In Them?  (Read 4548 times)

What Are Some Video Games That Have Angels In Them?
« on: April 03, 2020, 10:59:51 pm »
I never see any video games with angels as a character, but I see just about everything else, people, aliens, demons, I mean I heard a lot of video games involving demons before.

There seems to be every type of character in video games except angels it seems, I know of a few like "Chubby Cherub" and "Kid Icarus" for the NES, someone mentioned online in another forum that there are angels in a Final Fantasy game?

I played an arcade vertical shooter that had an angel as a fighter but I can't remember the name of it though.

can anyone name a game other then the two or three I mentioned, that has an angel as an in game character?

(edit) I just did a google search and found some, but what is your top ten video games with angels in them, I haven't played any yet

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:05:33 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Are Some Video Games That Have Angels In Them?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 12:47:39 am »
I assume you mean in a positive light, but in general I've seen them in a multiple of different ways, such as the angels in Bayonetta that you fight, but I don't believe they are "good" and they aren't traditional ones in the sense that they are of Christian origin.  Same for Darksiders, that series has angel characters throughout, but you will at times fight them or interact with some of the angel leaders.   As you brought up, Final Fantasy has had more of the traditional "cherub" type angels throughout the series. https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Angel

Thinking about this, I remembered back to an old PC game I played called Catechumen, it's a Christian game and it has an angel character show up at the start that is pretty hilarious to look back upon now.  It was basically a non-violent shooter where you use a magical sword to "convert" enemies to god or something, it was odd.  Brutalmoose did a good review of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GksrrnKpc

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 04:45:06 am »
I never see any video games with angels as a character, but I see just about everything else, people, aliens, demons, I mean I heard a lot of video games involving demons before.

There seems to be every type of character in video games except angels it seems, I know of a few like "Chubby Cherub" and "Kid Icarus" for the NES, someone mentioned online in another forum that there are angels in a Final Fantasy game?

I played an arcade vertical shooter that had an angel as a fighter but I can't remember the name of it though.

can anyone name a game other then the two or three I mentioned, that has an angel as an in game character?

(edit) I just did a google search and found some, but what is your top ten video games with angels in them, I haven't played any yet

There is Angelous in The Darkness II

Isn't there angels in The Binding Of Isaac?

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 05:09:36 am »
Baroque ,  Spawn maybe.  There won't be much until the 2000's due to strict North American censorship of religious references in video games. So maybe some obscure Japan only games you might find angels.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:12:15 am by dreama1 »

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 06:51:50 am »
Pretty sure that the Diablo and Darksiders series both have their fair share of angels.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 07:55:41 am »
Thanks for the information, I was just wondering, apparently there seems to be more modern game angels  than retro like mentioned @dreama1 I didn't think angels were ever considered ban material in north america, since demons seem to be just fine in north american video games.

off topic but a relative of mine is a visual artist and she will never try to draw any of them, she currently only draws animals and sometimes demons. and It makes me a little mad, but when I ask her she said she cannot draw people or angels. I think she just plain hates angels but that's just what I think

For a long time she wanted to design artwork for video games, shes currently in college studying to become a computer tech of all trades in technology.

Her artwork is still amazing and she even planed on having her own anime for a long time.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:04:41 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 03:41:04 pm »
In Actraiser for SNES there are two distinct game modes, the platformer action sequences, and the overworld/city builder sim sequences. In the action sequences you play as a hero/demi-god sort of character, and in the city builder sequences, you play as an angel, guiding the people to rebuild their civilization.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 01:22:49 pm »
El Shaddai Ascension of The Metatron - PS3

You play as the scribe of God taking down fallen Angels that are trying to remake the world anew with their bastard children the Nephilim. The other Angels, Gabriel and the like, take you through their journey helping God through allegory and snippets of 2D segments through stain glass window looking areas.
The game plays very much like Devil May Cry with a rock, paper, scissors element when it comes to combat. You have to steal one of the 3 weapon types from enemies in order to use them against other enemies that are strong or weak to each one.
A very cool game that not many people have ever heard of or played, and even when the game was new and i went to GAME to purchase it they asked me if i was stupid and wanted to know why i wanted a game that clearly wasn't in English from the title........  :/

Seraph - PS4

A very difficult side scrolling twin stick shooter where the better you do, the harder the enemies become. Each level is randomised to some extent and the boss fight at the end is goddamn brutal.
I can't remember the story too well, but you do play as an Angel that's been stripped of some of her power and taken to an underground base to fight off demons, and she's also had parts of her memories of heaven wiped out.

Drakengard - PS2

Albeit briefly, but there's a lot of religious talk knocking about that game and one of the paths toward one of the endings has......well....... we'll call them 'Angels' for lack of a better term. Just imagine the whole angelic looking faces thing, with big pretty wings (4 of them) only there's an added scorpion looking tail and their arms are about 5 times as long as they should be.

Gimme some time and i'm sure i'll remember some more.

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 01:25:02 pm »
Awakened Fate - PS3

Not played it myself but i know that there are factions of angels and demons and i think you play as both at some point?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 01:47:41 pm »
Bayonetta

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 08:55:58 pm »
I'm gonna second El Shaddai- it's literally dripping with proper Christian lore- it's actually based on passages from the Dead Sea scrolls. For example, the scribe of God you play as? That's Enoch, father of Methuselah, who was raptured into Heaven becuase he was just that pure. Seriously, pop over to Wikipedia with the info from this game, you'll have a field day of Classic Humanities.

mark1982

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 05:08:09 am »
In Actraiser for SNES there are two distinct game modes, the platformer action sequences, and the overworld/city builder sim sequences. In the action sequences you play as a hero/demi-god sort of character, and in the city builder sequences, you play as an angel, guiding the people to rebuild their civilization.

I believe you Play as God himself in the ActRaiser series. He's known as Master in the US version - but the original Japanese version has him named as God and the end boss is Satan. US version changed the end boss to Tanzra, probably didn't want to include religion in the US version.

Beautiful game too, part 2 is one of my favorite SNES games. Amazing Boss designs.

Added another Gif ;D

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:13:11 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 01:03:49 pm »
Speaking about angels, I've always thought that Supernatural had the potential of having a video game on the side.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!