Author Topic: New Mobile app ?  (Read 25506 times)

New Mobile app ?
« on: April 06, 2020, 03:42:21 am »
Hello,

I wanted to know if there is a project to redo the VGC mobile application, because I find that it is incomplete and not very intuitive.

There are other applications like Game.eye, CLZ Game, Backloggery, etc ... which are much more interesting UI design and functionality.

Are there plans to offer a new application?

Re: New Mobile app ?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 08:44:07 am »
Hello,

I wanted to know if there is a project to redo the VGC mobile application, because I find that it is incomplete and not very intuitive.

There are other applications like Game.eye, CLZ Game, Backloggery, etc ... which are much more interesting UI design and functionality.

Are there plans to offer a new application?
Wait, Backloggery has a phone app now?!?

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 12:53:28 pm »
Sorry I was a little quick for backloggery. There is no mobile app.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 02:01:39 pm »
Sorry I was a little quick for backloggery. There is no mobile app.
Disappointing.

Anyway, VGCollect is best used in a web browser, the site is already mobile optimized.

The Android app is lacking however.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »
I would LOVE for the mobile app to be updated, but sadly i don't think this will ever happen  :'(

The original app had an ALL text view which was INCREDIBLY fast. When your out in the wild hunting for games, this is a life saver. The current text view is not the same, and is quite slow to load and browse. VGC team if your listening, please give us the love. I would surely throw you a donation for the true text only view to return. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:20:13 pm by retromangia »

jason

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 05:16:05 am »
I would LOVE for the mobile app to be updated, but sadly i don't think this will ever happen  :'(

The original app had an ALL text view which was INCREDIBLY fast. When your out in the wild hunting for games, this is a life saver. The current text view is not the same, and is quite slow to load and browse. VGC team if your listening, please give us the love. I would surely throw you a donation for the true text only view to return.

I took some time to speed up list rendering. I'm also caching the lists until you make an update.

I'm open to further feedback.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 07:46:36 pm »
It's pretty responsive on my S10. The barcode is a nice addition, I would love to see a workflow that enabled a quicker scan, add to collection, go back into scanning mode, behavior. If you ever decide to open source the mobile  app I'd be happy to help work on it. Xamarin Forms is pretty easy to develop multiple versions of an app for a variety of platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, etc).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:49:10 pm by lancer1977 »

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 04:58:04 am »
Why not bring together a small team to help develop the new version of the mobile application ?