Author Topic: Ideas / Suggestions  (Read 447 times)

Ideas / Suggestions
« on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:36 am »
I have a few suggestions, hopefully they come to fruition... because they would make this an extremely handy website....

1 - Mobile Site. - I want to be able to pull this website up on my smart phone, walking through the video game stores, and see whether or not I have this T-Shirt... or game... or book... and if I don't, I want to intuitively add it to my collection right there, when I buy it.

2 - Better searching. What you have is ok, but I'd like to see an advanced search page. I want to choose which system to search under, release date, etc. Just typing in Mario doesn't bring me a short list. I want to search for Mario on NES only.

3 - Photos - I want to be able to attach photos of my copy of the game to my collection list, so that when I open my collection and choose an item to look at, I can see the condition it's in. This will help with selling or if I am looking for a different copy.

4 - Video - I want to be able to attach game play video to my collection items.

5 - EVERYTHING needs to be available via smartphone, and intuitive. The mobile site is more important than anything. Being able to walk through Vintage Stock, search the NES games they have for sale, and check whether or not I have it already, would be extremely handy.

matt

Re: Ideas / Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:24 am »
Welcome to the site and thanks for the suggestions. Let me address them:

1. This is in progress, albeit slowly. I'm trying to get at least the basic functions up and running within a month.

2. There is an advanced search page but it all it does now it filter by platform. I'll be adding to this with other options soon.

3. A few others have requested this as well. I'd like to do it but it's pretty far down the to-do list right now.

4. Same as above.

5. We do have an Android app that offers some basic functions to search, view and add to your collection. This is about to be updated soon with a local database as well as wish list, sell list and some other features. Looking into iPhone development as well. That being said, the full non-mobile site is 100% function on iOS an Android. It's not optimized for mobile but it should get you by until I get the rest of the development completed.

EDIT: here is my to-do list: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,324.msg3901.html#msg3901
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:00:59 am by matt »