Author Topic: May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)  (Read 8562 times)

May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)
« on: May 04, 2020, 08:10:59 am »
Figured it might be fun to just have some casual Star Wars talk about whatever with the date as it is.  I know the Clone Wars show just finished it's last season this past week (I still need to watch it), there's some good toys coming out, and Battlefront 2 just released it's last big update. 

Let's not turn this into arguing about stuff with the recent trilogy, it won't be useful for anyone, this is here just to talk about anything we enjoy with Star Wars and about stuff coming up like The Mandalorian new seasons, there's the Rogue One prequel series happening, we can talk about games, or toys, or even the books as I know they were starting a new series with the "High Republic" time period which is set only a few centuries before The Phantom Menace compared to the "Old Republic", which was a few thousand years before the current story stuff.

I'm planning to start back into the Rebels cartoon, finishing that up as I was coming up on the last season I believe, and then I'll get into Clone Wars.  Sorta watching it backwards I guess since Rebels is after Clone and it has characters from Clone showing up in Rebels lol

And with one more thing to add, here's my current batch of Black Series 6" figures.  I'm waiting on my Baby Yoda, and Sith Jet Trooper at the moment which are supposed to release this month, and then I have the Carbonized Stormtrooper and Boba Fett on pre-order.  Honestly too many stormtroopers coming out right now with two more Force Unleashed ones happening, and then they just announced a "Mandalorian/Rogue One" Stormtrooper, but it's mostly just an update of the classic figure which should have some slightly better articulation and it has some slight mold tweaks, but I'll probably pass on it since it is just a plain Stormtrooper lol

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:12:41 am by kamikazekeeg »

Re: May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 09:36:06 am »
I actually spent a huge chunk of the weekend a couple of weeks ago finally getting around to getting myself a copy of the Despecialized Trilogy.  I never do much for May 4 (the pun is cute, but Star Wars day should absolutely be May 25 to correlate with the release date), but I think I may actually have that be what is playing in the background during my work from home today.  I previously had a personal rip that I had created from my VHS copies, and that was charming, but these things look so danged good.  The first thing I did once I had the first film finished was watch Han shoot first.  It was glorious.

mark1982

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:31:46 pm »
Black Series figures are growing kamikaze, heh.

I still can't find the Mandalorean figure, maybe one day I'll find it like how I found a masked Kylo out of the blue ;D

I have a few set up recently too, I should take some pics when I'm free.
  l    l 

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 10:52:21 pm »
I'm actually taking a needed break from Star Wars.

Even though the last two bits of Star Wars I experienced, Jedi Fallen Order and The Mandelorian, were awesome, I feel like I've been consumed by way too much negativity surrounding the franchise for far too long. This has resulted in me having a hard time even enjoying the parts of Star Wars that I've always loved. A lot of this negativity is warranted and deserved, however it wasn't doing me any favors as a fan and was ruining my entire feelings towards the franchise. So instead of saying to hell with Star Wars I've decided to not watch, play, read or do anything Star Wars related until I can return to the parts of the franchise I love with a sense of awe and excitement I once used to have for it. I don't now how long this will last, but I've pretty much been Star Wars free since the start of the new year. I'm willing to be patient if it means retaining my fandom and love for the franchise though.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:46 pm »

I still can't find the Mandalorean figure, maybe one day I'll find it like how I found a masked Kylo out of the blue ;D

I missed the first wave on the Mando, so I basically sat on a pre-order for new stock with it for months till I finally got it in.  I'm waiting for the little Baby Yoda to ship right now.  I mostly just need a couple particular figures at the moment for my set, like I'm not trying to hard for Clone Wars era stuff, I was never the biggest fan of their design, though the moment they release a Republic Commando, I'll be there to buy any and every one they release lol

Oh and to add to the new news for Star Wars, Taika Waititi is now getting to make his own Star Wars movie and I'm pretty excited for it.  I'm hoping it's completely stand alone and has very little to do with established story stuff, much like Mandalorian, so I'm excited.  For those that don't know him, he directed the finale of Mandalorian and was the voice of IG-11 in it too.  He's directed some great films with What We Do In The Shadows, Thor Ragnarok, and Jojo Rabbit, so I'm really hopeful for this film.

https://www.starwars.com/news/taika-waititi-announce
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:59:15 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 11:07:57 pm »
Just watched Episode IX.  I was surprised that it was significantly worse then Episode VIII.  After having seen all the Star Wars I can now order them from best to worst.  Rouge One>Return of the Jedi>Empire Strikes Back>Star Wars>Revenge of the Sith>Phantom Menace>Force Awakens>Solo>Last Jedi>Rise of Skywalker>Attack of the Clones

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 01:21:51 am »
I still find it hard to enjoy the new stuff, as besides all the other gripes with VII-IX, I'm just not feeling the spark of excitement when it comes to the new stuff. So, instead I've mainly been focusing on filling out my Legends library, by picking up the remaining books as I whittle down my reading backlog. I'm also focusing on getting some of the older toys, not the original original stuff, but more the things I never got when I was younger.

What's really on my radar right now is the Lego UCS A-Wing, which is just gorgeous, but I need to hold back, as I just got the ISS set and Cobi's Battleship Yamoto set, so I need to get those done first.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 02:05:14 am »
While Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker are messes story wise, I did enjoy Rogue One, Solo, and of course Mandalorian quite abit, alongside Fallen Order, so I've been pretty satisfied with Star Wars lately.  I liked Skywalker a lot more than Last Jedi, even if it's the messier film story wise, mostly just for the action and scifi stuff, that's all good, it's story is just bad trying to stuff 2 movies worth of content into one film to make up for Last Jedi.

I've been tempted to grab a nice Star Wars lego set myself, I haven't had lego's in years just because the nice sets are very costly, but been thinking of looking around for something lately, just not sure what.

mark1982

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 02:11:28 am »

I missed the first wave on the Mando, so I basically sat on a pre-order for new stock with it for months till I finally got it in.  I'm waiting for the little Baby Yoda to ship right now.  I mostly just need a couple particular figures at the moment for my set, like I'm not trying to hard for Clone Wars era stuff, I was never the biggest fan of their design, though the moment they release a Republic Commando, I'll be there to buy any and every one they release lol

I agree, I'm not a fan of the Clone War Era stuff either, so I only have a select few of the Black Series. Here's what I have setup at the moment, the black R2-D2 is actually R2-Q5 from a Japanese collectible company - Kotobukiya.

Baby Yoda sounds like a fun little figure to have, heh ;D I have a few more bounty hunters like IG-88, Bossk and Greedo but didn't display them since I'm running out of room on my Star Wars Shelf :'(

Happy Collecting!
  l    l 

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 02:17:34 am »
I've been tempted to grab a nice Star Wars lego set myself, I haven't had lego's in years just because the nice sets are very costly, but been thinking of looking around for something lately, just not sure what.

If you want a good looking one that's not too costly (~$50-60), I'd suggest the Resistance Y-Wing or one of the helmet replicas.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 02:55:50 am »

If you want a good looking one that's not too costly (~$50-60), I'd suggest the Resistance Y-Wing or one of the helmet replicas.

Yeah that's the range I'm considering for one right now, I'm gonna head to Target this week and browse what they got available, I'm probably gonna say I'm gonna go for a ship, just need to see what jumps out at me.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 06:24:06 am »

Yeah that's the range I'm considering for one right now, I'm gonna head to Target this week and browse what they got available, I'm probably gonna say I'm gonna go for a ship, just need to see what jumps out at me.

The classic Snowspeeder set was $22 over the holidays and I’m still kicking myself for not picking it up.

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 08:01:37 pm »
The classic Snowspeeder set was $22 over the holidays and I’m still kicking myself for not picking it up.

Crap, I would've bought that had I known lol

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 08:42:57 pm »
A relative of mine who grew up in the 1970's and 1980's mentioned a Star Wars Movie that was made a long time ago that he claimed nobody talks about or even mentions anymore.

Does anyone on here know or can recall a Star Wars Christmas movie special. Where all the characters of the star wars series visited Chewy's parents and had Christmas with all them? I don't know anything about this movie but most don't seem to remember this movie,

here I googled this now and found the following and apparently nobody liked this movie it's got a one star rating

The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 American television special set in the universe of the Star Wars science-fiction media franchise. ...
In the storyline that ties the special together, following the events of the original film, Chewbacca and Han Solo attempt to visit the Wookiee home world to celebrate "Life Day".
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 08:46:02 pm »
A relative of mine who grew up in the 1970's and 1980's mentioned a Star Wars Movie that was made a long time ago that he claimed nobody talks about or even mentions anymore.

Does anyone on here know or can recall a Star Wars Christmas movie special. Where all the characters of the star wars series visited Chewy's parents and had Christmas with all them? I don't know anything about this movie but most don't seem to remember this movie,

here I googled this now and found the following and apparently nobody liked this movie it's got a one star rating

The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 American television special set in the universe of the Star Wars science-fiction media franchise. ...
In the storyline that ties the special together, following the events of the original film, Chewbacca and Han Solo attempt to visit the Wookiee home world to celebrate "Life Day".

I've never watched it fully, just clips from people talking about it online and it's really bad.  If there was ever truly something that was the worst piece of official Star Wars media, it has to be that lol