Author Topic: So I did a thing...  (Read 3199 times)

So I did a thing...
« on: May 16, 2020, 02:53:27 am »
I said I was going to do it for years and I finally decided to actually do it.

I created a dedicated gaming youtube channel and I posted my first youtube video. It's a top 5 list of my favorite video game magazines from back in the day. Beyond being my first video and the result of a lot of trial and error in making it, I'm overall very happy with the quality of it. It was as much a learning experience for me in video editing and audio recording as it was my desire to make a video I really wanted to make. I'll be doing more videos with actual captured footage in the future, but am currently building a new PC for this job. Beyond lists I also want to do reviews on games as well, but I'll still post about them in the 52-games thread too :p

Hope you guys enjoy the video, let me know what you think of it, and if you're so inclined, subscribe to your fellow VGcollect member :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0A8BVz9QQ

PS. In case anyone was wondering about the name, it was a nickname given to me in high school by a punk rocker kid I used to hang out with. He called me that because of my ability to sound just like Wigglytuff despite my otherwise deep voice. He started calling me that, a few of our other friends called me it too, and the name sort of stuck in that circle of friends. I can't do the voice as well as I used to, but hey, there's your riveting backstory :P

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: So I did a thing...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 03:38:40 am »
Atta kid!  Way to put yourself out there.
This shit is fun!  Isn’t it! 

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 10:44:56 am »
Atta kid!  Way to put yourself out there.
This shit is fun!  Isn’t it!

Yeah it is! I probably put at least 15-hours into making that video, and there were several nights where I started working in it around 7pm, literally never looked at the clock once and then it was some midnight. Have the script ready for video #2 and going to get cracking on this today. Hopefully I'll have them up by next weekend :)

telly

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 10:52:24 am »
Subbed! :)
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 10:59:08 am »

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 12:21:27 pm »
Also Subbed!  I collect vintage game magazines myself... love it!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 01:17:53 pm »
Also Subbed!  I collect vintage game magazines myself... love it!

Thank you so much!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 01:54:56 pm »
Subbed

I'm a magazine collector too, and have some Nintendo Power and others american and UK issues, but, being a brazilian logically my collection is focused on the magazines released in my country.

Recently i made a instagram, to post some of my book, magazine and game collections, and other things, it's a fun thing to do in quarantine.
https://www.instagram.com/purkoburro/

Sorry if I typed anything wrong, my english is broken but i can understand everyone very well. haha

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 03:02:05 pm »
Subbed

I'm a magazine collector too, and have some Nintendo Power and others american and UK issues, but, being a brazilian logically my collection is focused on the magazines released in my country.

Recently i made a instagram, to post some of my book, magazine and game collections, and other things, it's a fun thing to do in quarantine.
https://www.instagram.com/purkoburro/

Sorry if I typed anything wrong, my english is broken but i can understand everyone very well. haha

Thank you so much! Yeah there are some excellent international magazines as well. Obviously at the time I never saw them in stores, but I've bought some over the years off ebay and they're fun to look at even if I don't know what is being said in them most of the time :p

I bet you guys had a ton of Sega magazines in Brazil given how dominant the Master System and Mega Drive were down there.

azure

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 03:09:17 pm »
Subbed! Love the icon by the way  :P

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:55 pm »
Subbed. There are times where I click on videos but dont make it all the way through cuz its not engaging enough however this was and kept me guessing when I saw that Nintendo Power was number 2 only to be reminded of Gamepro. I miss them.

jason

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 05:35:35 pm »
Thanks for sharing! :)

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 10:00:39 pm »
That was a good video, you sir have gotten yourself a sub.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 11:31:09 pm »
Subbed! Love the icon by the way  :P

I'm glad you liked it. I used to be fairly artistic when I was younger, but my skills are more than a bit rusty. I've never dabbled in digital art, so it was scanning in my drawing the old fashioned way :p

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2020, 11:32:59 pm »
Subbed. There are times where I click on videos but dont make it all the way through cuz its not engaging enough however this was and kept me guessing when I saw that Nintendo Power was number 2 only to be reminded of Gamepro. I miss them.

Wow! I really appreciate the compliment! That was how i'd intended it, although it really worked out with me liking a magazine more than Nintendo Power.