Author Topic: Xbox Game Event Discussion  (Read 1017 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Xbox Game Event Discussion
« on: July 23, 2020, 03:42:23 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjS3EHKWPxY

So, did you guys watch it today? What were your thoughts? What are you excited about?

My reaction...meh.

I am very excited about the new Halo. That I will be buying. But it's not gonna get me to buy an Xbox Series X since it's compatible with Xbox One. It looks to be a return to the old Halo style, but with next-gen graphics. Sounds great to me.

State of Decay 4 looked damn impressive, but I've never played a game in that series. So it looks like I might have a new series to dive into. Which also means there's no rush for me to get 4 yet.

The rest of it just didn't interest me. But then, honestly, that's how I felt about the PS4 reveal. I'm just not as excited for next-gen as I have been previous generations.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:04:59 pm by burningdoom »

Re: Xbox Game Event Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 04:01:23 pm »
I given up on rolling with the times, happy to hear about the new Halo game though. with such a huge console backlog and the amount of fun to enjoy on older games alone. I don't want to get attached to something more modern. Only to have it taken away from me after I buy and play it in a few years. I don't want to download 50 gigabyte+ games with my family's internet connection, modern gaming sounds so full of hassle. I just don't want to be a apart of the next or current generation of game consoles. :(
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 04:13:30 pm »
Halo Infinite looked really bad. Ugly graphics and a bunch of pop-in. That didn't look next gen whatsoever it looked like it was running on an original Xbox One.

From the show I'm most interested in Psychonauts 2 which will be on PS4 and was delayed once again.

The Medium (timed exclusive) seems to be doing something unique with the horror genre.

The Gunk (timed exclusive) from Steamworld devs is their first 3D game but gameplay was like Journey to the Savage Planet which was quickly forgotten.

CrossfireX campaign (timed exclusive) from Remedy looked cool and ironically was the only game shown that won't be free with Game Pass.

As for their actual not on PlayStation games somehow Forza isn't ready for release, Avowed looked like a bunch of other games, Fable was just a quick tease, State of Decay 3 is just more State of Decay and As Dusk Falls seemed like another Life is Strange type game but where the characters don't actually move.

Three games right before the show Balan Wonderworld, Echo Generation and EXOMECHA were better than what was in the show..

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 05:13:52 pm »
Halo Infinite looked good, seemed like a return to form for the series, as I'm all about it trying to appeal more to the fans of the original trilogy and the semi-open world nature is cool.  It's definitely something I'm gonna play.  Other than that, the only thing that interested me is the STALKER 2 teaser as I'm a huge fan of the series and I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out as I really want it to be good and to roam the zone again with a better engine behind it.  Maybe State of Decay 3 will be something, I want to like the series, but State of Decay 2 sucked as a sequel, so I don't really know unless they overhaul a lot of the game.

They definitely didn't do anything for me, still going PS5, I mean, this is how it was always going to be since I have a PC and don't need an Xbox, but yeah, it was about what I was expecting.

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 05:29:46 pm »
Three games right before the show Balan Wonderworld, Echo Generation and EXOMECHA were better than what was in the show..

Here to give attention to Echo Generation also. The trailer didn't list any consoles besides Xbox Series X for its release, so that was disappointing in this moment as a PlayStation fan.

Of the games shown in the official showcase, The Medium continues to look captivating. It's definitely on my radar. The Fable teaser was also nice, but I'll need to wait a year for the official trailer to get me more excited about that.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 06:21:38 pm »
The Outer Worlds Peril on Gorgon was the stand out for me.

It's basically Fallout, before Fallout got sh**y with 4 and 76.

Really good game. Love open world action rpgs done well.

mark1982

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 11:42:12 am »
Nothing really compelling for me. I have the same feeling, not being excited about next gen from what I have seen so far. The only thing which looked good in the showcase was game pass TBH, but I’m not into digital or rental services, so gonna pass on a Series X, wait it out until Elden Ring gets released before I make the jump into a next gen console.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 02:08:40 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 11:46:32 am »
I was really hoping to become hyped about the Series X from this presentation, however i'm pretty much as unexcited about it as I have the XBONE its whole life. With that said, I'm hoping for a lot more exclusives this time around since the XBONE barely had any, but so far I don't have a lot of hope of that happening. And regarding the PS5 I'm not super hyped about that either; it comes out in a few months and we barely know of any launch games yet, and while there were some cool games they showed off, there's a decent chance we may not see a release on some of them for a year or two after the console has been out. I guess until either console gives me a strong reason to go out and buy one I'll happily stick to my Switch and PS4 for modern video game entertainment.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 06:04:58 pm »
honestly to me is wasn't any worst than the last showing of the PS5

Avowed,The Medium all look interesting

Everwild looks beautiful but it feels like I know Jack shit about the game itself

Glad to see Fable Back, But for all I know it can become the next Phantom Dust.

Quite Honestly I'm not sold on either the new Xbox or the PS5.