Author Topic: An ode to the Rayman franchise and creator for the 25th anniversary  (Read 951 times)

mrkonasoni

|Start》|

Recently it was the 25th anniversary of the Rayman franchise and with the recent announcement of his creator Michel Ancel leaving the game industry I wanted to share a brief opinion about the franchise.

First of all, I truly admire Michel Ancel, just like me and a lot of peeps, Ancel was fascinated by the concept of videogames and wanted to learn how to, compose, draw and program for making his own videogame, years later he could joined Ubisoft and alongside a team of talented people create the all-times classic Rayman.

I truly like the first game, both the music and graphics are precious and at this day they look better than modern games released last week, I am not sure why people that believe videogames are art never mention Rayman like a good example.

The level design and charm is also good, while that Rayman is maybe not a perfectly designed game I don't think is fair put down the rest of the stuff that the game does well.

I also like other Rayman classic games like the universal critically aclaimed Rayman 2, the fun Rayman Arena, the excellent Rayman 3 or the both great Rayman Origins and Legends.

I truly believe that Rayman is one of those franchise that has yet to get a game that I couldn't call good.

For all that reason and more I celebrate Michel Ancel and his master-piece franchise, Rayman.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: An ode to the Rayman franchise and creator for the 25th anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 06:19:58 pm »

I truly believe that Rayman is one of those franchise that has yet to get a game that I couldn't call good.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 07:32:00 pm »
- Answering to @jdkw50 (Interesting nickname)

The portable versions of Raving Rabbids were nice platformers
I thought the 1, 2 and TV Party were fun or at least decent/ok
You are open to disagree with me.

The rest of the Rabbids games were their own franchise I think and I didn't played them.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 09:40:51 pm »
I played part of the first Rayman on the PlayStation 1 Mini/Classic, the good thing about it is the various checkpoints and the fact that if I remember correctly that game gives you unlimited lives, and does not require you to start from the beginning if you die too many times like most other platformers. it's not an easy game but I held my attention long enough to get pretty far into it's gameplay. I thought it was average, defiantly not my favorite video game, because it was still frustrating, since just about everything can kill you in that video game.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 12:44:50 am »
I wonder why he's decided to hang it up? The series had a good run, and he ended on a high note if I am to believe he was involved in all of the games. The first game was visually amazing for it's time, but it wasn't play-tested enough for difficulty. It's insanely punishing. The other games in the series are some of the best platformers you can find. I wouldn't consider the spin-offs as being a part of the series. Is Rabid Kingdom a part of the Super Mario series? I think not.

I wonder if someone else will continue to make the Rayman games.

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 09:56:01 am »
imo only rayman 2 the great escape was a great game. had a great dark atmosphere.

The 2d games never got me interested and rayman 3 after the great escape was a big dissapointment going back to the more colorfull past rayman idea's

it also suprises me how the rabbids craze took the rayman series by storm for years before rayman got a normal game again.

The series became a joke during those rabbid years.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 12:25:35 pm »
LOVE Rayman Origins. Favorite in the series. Rayman Legends is quite good, too. I also enjoy Rayman, but found it to be a bit difficult.