Author Topic: Favorite Soundtrack From A Bad Game?  (Read 2374 times)

kashell

Re: Favorite Soundtrack From A Bad Game?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 07:36:24 am »
I immediately thought of Unlimited Saga.

https://youtu.be/XgfUxSmmgGo

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 09:42:18 am »
Mega Man X7 is the only one that comes to mind.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 04:07:52 pm »

This right here. Another off the top of my head is Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 04:10:29 pm »
Most say its a bad game, I would argue it's a masterpiece. But I guess it still fits the category.
For me its Deadly premonition.

Life is beautiful : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZV_ijKaPN8
When I did my platinum playthrough my brother was in the room next door and he couldn't get this song out of his head!

The Main theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysL9QyFUFWI&list=PL7D5E203C4A465511&index=10

Brings me back, what a mess. Lol

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 06:42:11 pm »

This right here.

Sniper Anteator's stage theme is one of my favorites.

I don't want to derail this thread, but as an aside; what's with those 10hr+ music videos? What's the freaking appeal?

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 10:04:47 pm »

This right here.

Sniper Anteator's stage theme is one of my favorites.

I don't want to derail this thread, but as an aside; what's with those 10hr+ music videos? What's the freaking appeal?

One of my favorites is definitely the boss battle theme

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 10:57:02 am »
how long until someone says Last Of Us 2 lol

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 02:09:00 pm »

For boss battle themes mine is "Our Blood Boils", which is the theme heard during Sigma's first boss battle.

Well, if we want to go technical with it, you just did.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 04:41:43 pm »
True

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 09:18:25 am »
Well, a “bad” game is subjective, but here’s a few from games generally considered mediocre:

Fester’s Quest (NES)
Clayfighter (SNES) (not the whole soundtrack, but the vocal theme played on the title screen blew me away back in the day.)
Spider Man & the X-Men in Arcade’s Revenge (SNES)
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (these last 2 were fun at the time but aged horribly, however the soundtracks are exceptional. Sofia’s Stage Theme 1 from BAT2 is among my top music tracks from any game ever.)

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 04:48:29 pm »

For boss battle themes mine is "Our Blood Boils", which is the theme heard during Sigma's first boss battle.

Well, if we want to go technical with it, you just did.

I've played the game 3 times now, maybe 4. I dont know whats wrong with me on that end but I dont remember that theme. Although it did get me thinking about Megaman X6. While not on the level of bad that X7 is, X6 is still bad but in my opinion has one of the best soundtracks of the X series.

lex2000

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 11:30:04 am »
Really basic choice here but Sonic 06 has a beautiful soundtrack. Soooo many great music tracks. The Mephiles motif is one of my favorites, but pick any music that plays during any of the levels and they'll all be fantastic.
@ me when Sinnoh remakes are announced

mrkonasoni

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 11:34:04 am »
Sonic 06 is like the easiest and less controversial game when talking about a legit bad game with excellent ost.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

pzeke

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 08:41:00 pm »

I've played the game 3 times now, maybe 4. I dont know whats wrong with me on that end but I dont remember that theme. Although it did get me thinking about Megaman X6. While not on the level of bad that X7 is, X6 is still bad but in my opinion has one of the best soundtracks of the X series.

Is this one.

To me all of the soundtracks for the Mega Man X games are good, some more than others for sure, but they all have something going on that sets them apart from each other. This is especially true for X3, which many tend to over criticize the most, but I genuinely think is one of the strongest in the series; it's among the top 5 for me. It reminds me of how many tend to overpraise the soundtrack for Mega Man 2 while ignoring the progression made by the third one and all the subsequent entries in the series.