Author Topic: Favorite Soundtrack From A Bad Game?  (Read 2359 times)

ferraroso

Re: Favorite Soundtrack From A Bad Game?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 08:50:04 pm »
Albeit often generic, I find Ride to Hell: Retribution's soundtrack to be pretty good.
(Especially when you compare it to the rest of the game...)

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 09:33:05 pm »
One of my favorites is definitely the boss battle theme

For boss battle themes mine is "Our Blood Boils", which is the theme heard during Sigma's first boss battle.

I've played the game 3 times now, maybe 4. I dont know whats wrong with me on that end but I dont remember that theme. Although it did get me thinking about Megaman X6. While not on the level of bad that X7 is, X6 is still bad but in my opinion has one of the best soundtracks of the X series.

Is this one.

To me all of the soundtracks for the Mega Man X games are good, some more than others for sure, but they all have something going on that sets them apart from each other. This is especially true for X3, which many tend to over criticize the most, but I genuinely think is one of the strongest in the series; it's among the top 5 for me. It reminds me of how many tend to overpraise the soundtrack for Mega Man 2 while ignoring the progression made by the third one and all the subsequent entries in the series.

I didnt start to really appreciate the soundtrack to X3 until I played it again on the X Legacy Collection. Prior to that, my first exposure to X3 was the PS1 version on the Megaman X Collection on the PS2. For the longest time, I really dug the PS1 OST but after playing X3 again but the SNES version, I started to really dig it and its definitely at the top for me along with X1, X4 and the aforementioned X6

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 09:20:00 am »
I really like the arranged version from the PS1, which also tends to get as much flak as the SNES version.

I don't know if you've played Command Mission, but the soundtrack for that game is also really good. The game isn't bad by any means, though...although some would argue that it is.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 04:46:08 pm »
I really like the arranged version from the PS1, which also tends to get as much flak as the SNES version.

I don't know if you've played Command Mission, but the soundtrack for that game is also really good. The game isn't bad by any means, though...although some would argue that it is.

X3 arranged is still top tier despite what I said. All it did was reinforced how much I like the OST since as I said, I ignored the SNES version for years.

I haven't. It's one of those games I've own for years but never got around to.