Author Topic: New Sailor Moon game?  (Read 18132 times)

New Sailor Moon game?
« on: January 05, 2021, 05:23:33 pm »
I got recommended a trailer for the upcoming Eternal movie the other day on Youtube and it got me thinking how we haven't had a Sailor Moon video game in years. This is despite the fact that the franchises is just as popular/beloved as fellow manga/anime properties like Dragon Ball and One Piece that continue to get new games annualy (Kakarot, Pirate Warriors, Jump Force), and like I mentioned above this year will see the release of the theatrical two part Eternal movie. The last game was released on the DS in 2011 exclusively in Italy (for some reason). Do you guys think we'll ever get another non mobile Sailor Moon game anytime soon?

If you ask me I feel a new Sailor Moon game would do well so it baffles me that Bandai-Namco hasn't made a new game in years.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:25:46 pm by martymcfly »

ferraroso

Re: New Sailor Moon game?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:43:19 pm »
Well, at least here in Japan, Sailor Moon is very, veeeeery far from being as popular as Dragon Ball and One Piece (I don't know about Italy though).
However, this new movie you're talking about may give the franchise the boost it needs for a new game to be released.
I remember there were some pretty good Sailor Moon games for the Super Famicom, so a new beat 'em up with the same level of quality would certainly be welcome.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 05:49:42 pm »
I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon franchise, but the thought of a new game hasn't crossed my mind until clicking this topic. I'm not sure how well a modern game would do.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 05:50:23 pm »
I remember there were some pretty good Sailor Moon games for the Super Famicom, so a new beat 'em up with the same level of quality would certainly be welcome.

Yeah I have a english fan transated rom version of Sailor Moon Another Story on SNES and that game is really good.

I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon franchise, but the thought of a new game hasn't crossed my mind until clicking this topic. I'm not sure how well a modern game would do.

Yeah I'm just surprised we haven't had one in years.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:53:59 pm by martymcfly »

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 07:39:18 pm »
I actually shared this article with a friend of mine a couple of years ago who happens to like Sailor Moon a tad too much. Granted, it's a rather old article, but still relevant and worth the read, I think.

Perhaps the new movies could spark some interest, maybe they'll make a game based around them, so who knows. I remember watching an episode here and there back in the day, but Sailor Moon has never been in my wheelhouse; however, I reckon some of the earlier games, SNES mainly, are good.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 08:35:32 pm »
I actually shared this article with a friend of mine a couple of years ago who happens to like Sailor Moon a tad too much. Granted, it's a rather old article, but still relevant and worth the read, I think.

Perhaps the new movies could spark some interest, maybe they'll make a game based around them, so who knows. I remember watching an episode here and there back in the day, but Sailor Moon has never been in my wheelhouse; however, I reckon some of the earlier games, SNES mainly, are good.

WOW! Hopefully the people at Toei/Bandai can get off their ass and realize all the money being left on the table and do something about it.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 09:51:03 pm »
I hope so, I watched this anime when I was 12

Yeah I didn’t grow up with Sailor Moon but A few years ago I decided to check out the Viz dub and have fallen in love with the show and have been actively collecting the Viz DVDs. Hopefully a new game comes out soon because I’d be there day one.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 04:15:06 pm »
in the old era there where some decent beat em ups of this series

they say this series is almost as popular as dbz atm wich I kinda doubt. but not really a fan of the series so I'm probably not seeing it.

I do wonder what a sailor moon game would look like in the present.

considering how bad story based anime games usually are, they are rarely any good no matter how good the actual anime is.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:19:16 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!