Author Topic: Sega Genesis/CD/32X All-in-one power cord?  (Read 1764 times)

Sega Genesis/CD/32X All-in-one power cord?
« on: April 10, 2021, 10:12:19 am »
Three-way power supply?  Would this actually work, or will I burn my house down?  Has anyone used one of these?  It says it puts out a 9v and 3amp charge.

aliensstudios

Re: Sega Genesis/CD/32X All-in-one power cord?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 11:52:35 am »
I can't speak to this, but a power supply does exist made just for the Sega Tower of Power from Retro Game supply
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 12:23:03 pm »
I can't speak to this, but a power supply does exist made just for the Sega Tower of Power from Retro Game supply

That's actually cheaper!  Thanks.  I was interested in it because otherwise I'd have to use two power strips for each plug.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 01:51:30 pm »
This product is not related but

I have somewhere among my cords a cheaply made NES SNES and Sega Genesis power cord, someone else on this forum posted something about how that mine at least was dangerous, I used mine and for a short while and never had any issues, it works but it feels vary light weight, someone said it does not have hardware but instead something else a person posted on here?

I am not an expert on power adapters so I don't know exactly if mine would be safe to use, so I'll keep my own as a spare :-\

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 02:53:34 pm »
Yes they do exist. I buy my PSUs from Retro Game Cave https://www.retrogamecave.com/shop?page=2 They are high quality and sometimes eliminate psu noise in the video and audio, depending upon the system and psu you are currently using.

The one you are looking for is called The Trio, but you have to know what model of genesis and model of Sega CD you have since different models take different power and plugs.  He has all of the different types to meet your setup.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:56:21 pm by northshiver »