Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34575 times)

jcalder8

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
Looks like its in a box protector, to me.
You are correct, sir
Ah well, still looks awesome!

forte

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2012, 05:56:10 pm »
Looks like its in a box protector, to me.
You are correct, sir
Ah well, still looks awesome!
Thanks! I've got all the major elements of my collection now. All I need to do now is track down some Million Seller/Greatest Hits variants and I'll be as done as I'm willing to be. But, I'll be taking it easy doing that and enjoy the ride. Hitting that last holy grail will let me relax some.

Then, of course, watch me want to try to get all the Japanese releases or something  ;D PAL can suck it though. X3 went for 1,100 GBP the other day. Fuck that.

scott

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2012, 07:21:06 pm »
Picked up some new stuff today. I went to pick up my Circle Pad Pro and while I was there I spotted a copy of Dawn of Sorrow, only this was a "Konami's Best" release and I've never seen it before, so I snatched that up. Also, I found P3 Portable and decided to give this version a shot, since I've heard 2 camps saying which is better, this or FES. Now I just have to find my charging cable for the PSP... since it's battery is bone dry (naturally).

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2012, 07:23:49 pm »
Picked up some new stuff today. I went to pick up my Circle Pad Pro and while I was there I spotted a copy of Dawn of Sorrow, only this was a "Konami's Best" release and I've never seen it before, so I snatched that up. Also, I found P3 Portable and decided to give this version a shot, since I've heard 2 camps saying which is better, this or FES. Now I just have to find my charging cable for the PSP... since it's battery is bone dry (naturally).

If I recall correctly, Konami used that box design with two or three games. Then they stopped because it looked freakin' stupid. Heh. Nice find on P3 Portable.

scott

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2012, 07:38:14 pm »
Oh ya, it's so bad. I looked at it and instantly thought: "I hope whoever thought this box was good design got flogged. It's so bad, it's laughable."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2012, 10:20:46 am »

I've got  FES (for the PS2) and the P3Portable version that you just got as well.

So far, I've only played the PS2 one (which I loved).

IIRC, the differences are that, in the PSP version, you can also play as a female protagonist (obviously changing/adding social-links) and you have control over your entire party instead of just controlling the main w/ the rest controlled by AI).

Also, I think that "The Answer" is missing on the PSP version (no great loss, imo).

I *think* that the rest of the changes are just the obvious differences in cut-scenes, voice-acting, etc.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2012, 10:29:05 am »
I have both as well, I tried playing P3P and instantly didn't like the way the cutscenes are handled, and they way navigating areas work. I like being able to walk around the town areas in FES... not this scrolling and point/click adventuring. So far I'd say that the P3FES version is much better than the stripped down PSP version.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:46 am »
I have both as well, I tried playing P3P and instantly didn't like the way the cutscenes are handled, and they way navigating areas work. I like being able to walk around the town areas in FES... not this scrolling and point/click adventuring. So far I'd say that the P3FES version is much better than the stripped down PSP version.

Agreed.

I *much* prefer being able to walk around in FES as well.

The only thing that really even has the PSP version on my backlog (towards the bottom of it) is some interest in seeing the story/social-link differences in playing through the game as a girl.

desocietas

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2012, 04:47:47 pm »

Agreed.

The only thing that really even has the PSP version on my backlog (towards the bottom of it) is some interest in seeing the story/social-link differences in playing through the game as a girl.

I agree completely about the girly parts ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »
I purchased a beat up Dreamcast with a really beat up Garou: Mark of the Wolves disc inside. Five bucks for both.

Funny thing, both of these items work perfectly, but the DC needs a good cleaning. I'll probably trade the Garou disc, I was going to have it polished but damn, these DC discs are really tough.

teknophyl

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2012, 05:52:13 pm »
Got a brand new complete Saturn NetLink modem... I just need a box, which might be harder to come by.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

scott

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 05:59:11 pm »
Got a brand new complete Saturn NetLink modem... I just need a box, which might be harder to come by.

Nice! I may end up looking for one of those myself eventually.

teknophyl

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2012, 08:38:14 pm »

Nice! I may end up looking for one of those myself eventually.

I got it not realizing it's useless for me (TWC Digital Phone), but for 2 bucks, I have absolutely no complaints!

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

scott

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »
Well, if you decided to sell it, I'll buy it off you for $4 and double your money!  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2012, 08:39:10 am »

Agreed.

I agree completely about the girly parts ;)

Yep...it's all about the "girly parts"  :-*

...*And* loving *ALL* the parts of the girl :P