Author Topic: A Game of Thrones Game...  (Read 1057 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

A Game of Thrones Game...
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:07:58 pm »
Anyone else here fans of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire (ASIF) series?

If I'm not mistaken, there was a PC version of the game for A Game of Thrones released awhile ago.

While I don't know anything about this one - I have been keeping my eye on the PS(3) version that's getting released in a few weeks.

I'm "cautiously optimistic" about the game itself, but I did pre-order a couple of copies of it.
One copy for me, and one to hold on to (w/ the idea that, even if the game is 'compressed-crap-on-a-disc') that...

...with the "ATLUS" logo on it, the game being an Atlus RPG, and the pre-orders coming w/ art-books signed by George RR Martin...if things go as they usually do - I'm thinking that, down the road, I shouldn't have any trouble (at the least) getting my initial investment on them back.

So, does anyone have/is anyone else getting any versions of this game?

Also, btw, I'm a big fan (read all of the ASIF books as well as about 90% of everything else that he's written); and, so far, I've been liking (for the most part) the job HBO's been doing w/ the show.

Tyrion! FTW!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

psydswipe

Re: A Game of Thrones Game...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »
I did see season one of the show recently on Blu-ray. I don't have cable TV though so I won't see season two any time soon. I'm not sure what to expect from that game. The developer is Cyanide and they've not really made anything else like this. They developed Blood Bowl which I did no like, a rugby game and a bunch of cycling manager games. Not everything Atlus releases is good either. Although I didn't play it, the recent game The Cursed Crusade did not receive good reviews. Anyway, A Game of Thrones could be good, who knows. It's a tough one to predict though and sharing a release date with Max Payne 3 and Diablo III means I probably won't try it for a while.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:14:40 am »
This is my favorite trailer for it so far :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCruJzlWefE
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:50:17 pm by varkias »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 10:03:33 am »
This is my favorite trailer if it so far :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCruJzlWefE

Thanks!

That was great for a Sunday morning LOL :)
I haven't played them the (LUNAR) games in a long time...but it immediately reminded me of them.

I'm also not at all confident w/ Cyanide as the devs.
Honestly, I don't think that I've played any of their other games, though.

Personally, I'd have preferred a 'SWAP' (as in giving the South Park RPG to Cyanide - and having Obsidian & Atlus handle this one).

I also agree that
ATLUS =/= "Guaranteed to be great", either.

I actually got a couple copies of Cursed Crusade (@ ~$10.00 each)...but they're very much at the bottom of my never-ending back-log of games I own but haven't played yet...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"