Author Topic: Months with Too Many Releases?  (Read 1338 times)

telekill

Months with Too Many Releases?
« on: August 24, 2021, 05:54:24 pm »
I was taking a look at next month and for the first time that I can remember, there is a game coming out every week of the month that I'm wanting. I've never seen that many games release in one month or even in a three month time span with that many games that I've wanted.

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast
 - Week 3 - Kena Bridge of Spirits
 - Week 4 - Hot Wheels Unleashed

That's a busy month, but then, every fall leading up to the holiday shopping rush has had many games dropped for the season. I can recall previous years where there were a couple games that I had to choose from and then let one go until it dropped in price. That kind of predicament has happened often actually. 

What was one of the busiest gaming months for releases for you? Was there a month where you felt there was simply too much coming out and you didn't have time for it?

Re: Months with Too Many Releases?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 06:08:22 pm »
I know there have been a few, like last year, Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal released the same day, and then only like two weeks later was Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then the week after that was Final Fantasy 7 Remake.  Not exactly a a single month, but pretty close and I'd have to go digging to find a few others as it happens every once in awhile.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 06:13:28 pm »
What is this list of shovelware?

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 06:38:55 pm »

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast

I don't think you understand what shovelware means.  Don't trash peoples game tastes.

Bluemoon

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 07:08:25 pm »
ooooo, i forgot cruis'n blast was coming out soon i need to remember to check that one out

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 08:54:41 pm »

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast
Ha, for once I actually agree with you, but Cruis'n looks like mindless fun like the N64 games were.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

megasilverx1

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 09:40:18 pm »
I've never heard of F.I.S.T but it looks like fun.

Their are quite a few games coming out next month and October I'm looking forward to like Sonic Colors, WarioWare, Eastward, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania, and Metroid 5, but I'm not sure when I'll be getting/playing them since I've been really focusing on playing Dragon Quest games this year with only little side tangents into other games like Rift Apart, No Straight Roads, and various retro games. Might as well save some money and get them when I have the time to actually PLAY them instead of getting them day 1 or maybe I'll just wait for a sale.

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 11:27:00 pm »
In truth, there's always games coming out that I want every month. Just can't afford to keep up with them all, seeing as I still retro collect. The late summer through fall season is usually when new releases start hitting harder than any time of the year.

The last new release I picked up was Hotline Miami Collection. Since then there's already been Foreclosed, Greak, and No More Heroes III is about to drop for a full $60. Prior to my last pickup I missed the launch of Kaze and the Wild Masks, Miitopia Switch version, Crypt of the Necro Dancer, Hades, Hellpoint, Crash Bandicoot 4, Taxi Chaos and on and on into previous months. In the coming month, there looks to be about 6 or 7 more games on my radar.

So yeah, the struggle is real. Just gotta pick and choose.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 07:20:13 am »

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast
Ha, for once I actually agree with you, but Cruis'n looks like mindless fun like the N64 games were.
I thought he was being ironic/sarcastic.

Too many releases man! Look at all these games out that you never heard of and no one cares about! Woah

telekill

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 08:04:17 am »

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast

Too many releases man! Look at all these games out that you never heard of and no one cares about! Woah

Nope. Genuinely looking forward too them... but Hot Wheels is actually going to be a Christmas gift for my kid. He loves playing with cars. As for the others, they're basically for me though, aside from F.I.S.T. which looks like a modern Sega Genesis game, the others can also be played by my kids. Looking forward to Cruisn' as I love arcade racers. Looking forward to Kena as it looks Pixar quality but in game form. I think it'll be good. I probably won't have time to get these at launch.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 08:29:14 am »
Tales of Arise comes out next month. That's the only one I'm looking forward to.

telekill

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 11:29:54 am »
Oh... I also forgot about Lost Judgment coming out next month as well. Now... that one is a wait and see as I have yet to start the first one that I picked up last month. If the first is good, I'll definitely pick up the sequel. That will wait till next year though.

Warmsignal

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 04:30:51 pm »

- Week 1 - F.I.S.T.
 - Week 2 - Cruis'n Blast

Go buy yourself yet another Pokeman game and hush.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2021, 03:46:49 pm »
Says there's too many releases and lists four games.  ???

Warmsignal

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 09:07:33 pm »
We all have a different kind of budget for this stuff. I couldn't swing 4 new priced games per month.