Author Topic: What do you think (or hope) will get revealed at the next Nintendo Direct?  (Read 1690 times)

gngtiger

I hope we'll get an Earthbound collection for the switch with all three Mother Games. But I think it's more likely we'll get more info on the next Advance Wars game, maybe more info on the Mario Movie, or even the oft-rumored Mario Kart 9.

Re: What do you think (or hope) will get revealed at the next Nintendo Direct?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 06:15:49 pm »
Other than a release date for Breath of the Wild 2, I'm not sure I'm holding out for too much...I'd be interested in that rumored Metroid Prime collection happening, I'm not super fond of the 2D games, but I remember generally liking the first one, even if it's an odd game in terms of being a first person shooter, but maybe they could have some alternate controls...or they won't, Nintendo isn't a big fan of options a lot of the time, but who knows lol

I guess if I had to pick something crazy, I'd love for that "Nintendo Kart" concept to exist, or to get a Diddy Kong Racing 2, give me a more exciting kart racer game.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 08:07:55 pm »
I can see they just skipping a common Nintendo Direct this year is that means the one they need to make in June have more content.

I expect more stuff from Square Enix and exclusive smaller games for Switch, more Cloud versions from high budget games and more stuff we couldn't even expect (Not necessarily big games).

From there I wish they could finally port Star Fox Zero to Switch, other stuff like Metroid or similar feels unlikely.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 01:57:21 am »
I feel like 3/4 of all Nintendo Directs are pretty disappointing, but this one will probably be fairly light on content with the E3/Summer Direct having more of what people actually want to hear about. Here are my predictions:

-they spend at least a third of the Direct talking about already released titles, mostly Pokemon Arceus.
-They spend a decent amount of time talking about and showing the new Kirby game
-A new trailer and vague Summer 2022 release date trailer for Splatoon 3
-Indie game/E shop exclusive rapid fire trailer
-Mention of BotW2 coming out in 2022 still but no new footage, just a "we're not quite ready to show more about this yet"
-New first party Nintendo game reveal trailer, my money is on Mario Kart 9

If that last part actually happens, that alone with would make it a success in my book.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 06:21:20 am »
I feel like 3/4 of all Nintendo Directs are pretty disappointing, but this one will probably be fairly light on content with the E3/Summer Direct having more of what people actually want to hear about. Here are my predictions:

-they spend at least a third of the Direct talking about already released titles, mostly Pokemon Arceus.
-They spend a decent amount of time talking about and showing the new Kirby game
-Mention of BotW2 coming out in 2022 still but no new footage, just a "we're not quite ready to show more about this yet"

If that last part actually happens, that alone with would make it a success in my book.

I've heard it might not be mario kart 9, it might be smash kart aka mario kart with characters from multiple game series and stages.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 11:06:28 am »

I've heard it might not be mario kart 9, it might be smash kart aka mario kart with characters from multiple game series and stages.

That would be pretty cool too. I feel like Mario Kart 8 was a soft Smash Kart since it had Animal Crossing, Zelda, and Splatoon characters too. I could definitely see them expanding this out to other franchise in 9, even non-Nintendo franchises.

Bluemoon

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 12:15:26 pm »
I don't know how others feel about this but I don't like to speculate on Nintendo directs anymore, they're so unpredictable that going in with any expectations just feels like it will end in some kind of disappointment

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 02:47:51 pm »
Physical edition of Pocky and Rocky Reshrined
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

gngtiger

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 05:40:50 pm »
I feel like 3/4 of all Nintendo Directs are pretty disappointing, but this one will probably be fairly light on content with the E3/Summer Direct having more of what people actually want to hear about.

Nothing will ever, EVER beat the reveal of CHRIS PRATT as Mario. It made no sense (Still doesn't) but at the same time, I was so excited and happy to see it. I genuinely think Jack Black will do a great job, but as for Pratt... we'll have to see.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 03:39:52 am »
Since we are on topic...

I hope they finally announce something related to Donkey Kong, just like Namco with Pac-Man, it feels weird Nintendo is still hesitant to make something related with the (arguably) first character that helped them to put the company in the spotlight.

I couldn't mind another good Country game or finally another 3D one.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

mastodon

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 04:24:27 am »
I would hope for more 2D Mario games.

telekill

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 08:32:53 am »
Still hoping to see Twilight Princess HD on Switch. That said... I don't have any belief that Nintendo, Sony or any third party will show anything of interest to me for the next... well... from here on. I think modern gaming is dead for me and the best that gaming has to offer has already been released.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2022, 10:48:35 am »
Same stuff I've been hoping to see for a while that we probably won't see:

-Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
-New 2D Zelda
-3D Zelda Collection
-Metroid Prime 4
-New 2D Mario game
-Super Mario 3D World sequel
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 05:06:34 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 10:43:19 pm »

-3D Zelda Collection

What's funny is I own all the 3D Zelda games on at least one console, some of them I own multiple versions of. However, I'd still flip out if this was announced and buy it day one. I'm hopeless...

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 04:13:49 pm »
Less than an hour to go!