Author Topic: What do you do with price tag stickers and receipts?  (Read 1345 times)

theflea

Re: What do you do with price tag stickers and receipts?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 01:38:07 am »
I usually toss receipts, price tags I remove if it's a used game, but if it's new I'll usually leave it on the cellophane.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

kashell

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 08:04:29 am »
Price tags go in the trash. Receipts will either follow or be slipped in the case behind the other inserts.

dhaabi

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 12:38:37 pm »
I generally don't acquire any items with pricing labels directly on them, so this isn't an aspect I usually experience. For modern items with pricing labels, they are removed. For older items, labels remain, and especially so if the labels are from independent or defunct stores.

For sales receipts, they are also kept. Sales receipts allow me to look back at an item and have a clear indicator as to my history with the item—when? and where? are certainly answered, but sometimes why? can too just by reading the receipt's information. I like preserving my own personal history with the items in my collection.

Straying off a little off topic, this is also why I keep records of when I play games. By doing so, I'm able to recall a lot of different aspects of my life during that moment, whether it be types of games I was interested in to more personal recollections such as who I was as a person. More information of any kind allows for memories to stay fresh.

Warmsignal

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 01:06:12 am »
I generally don't acquire any items with pricing labels directly on them, so this isn't an aspect I usually experience. For modern items with pricing labels, they are removed. For older items, labels remain, and especially so if the labels are from independent or defunct stores.

For sales receipts, they are also kept. Sales receipts allow me to look back at an item and have a clear indicator as to my history with the item—when? and where? are certainly answered, but sometimes why? can too just by reading the receipt's information. I like preserving my own personal history with the items in my collection.

Straying off a little off topic, this is also why I keep records of when I play games. By doing so, I'm able to recall a lot of different aspects of my life during that moment, whether it be types of games I was interested in to more personal recollections such as who I was as a person. More information of any kind allows for memories to stay fresh.

That's an interesting point. I also find that being able to recall when I got a game, or a system, etc, helps me to also recall the bigger picture of specific chapters in my life and everything that was going on at the time. Like recently, I've been sort of romanticizing the Wii U again, and I can vividly recall the when, and the where of getting my console for the holiday season of 13'. I remember the weather out, I remember unboxing it by the fireplace. I remember how my nephew was just a new-born at the time. I remember playing NSMBU over at their house on the living room TV, before he had ever even built his own dedicated gaming room. What an endeavor that was, as I helped a bit in the construction of an unfinished basement, huddling around an area heater in the dead of winter.

These things that we collect are a lot more than just inanimate objects to sit on a shelf, they're also experiences, tied to each of our own stories.

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 08:13:40 pm »
Are they meant for the garbage?

Yes.

Get a personal document scanner if you must keep proof of purchase, otherwise you're just hoarding paper.

[...]  but maybe some day someone will find it all the more intriguing to see the evidence of where all this stuff originated from.

The person you end up selling your collection to 50 years from now will take a gander at that shoe box, quirk their brow as they mumble, "what the fuck is this shit" under their breath, chucking the whole thing in the trash. Nobody cares; it's freaking paper.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!