Author Topic: zynga is taking is kobojo to court over trademark infringement  (Read 1199 times)

htimreimer

zynga is taking is kobojo to court over trademark infringement because of pyramid ville: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/07/net-us-zynga-trademark-idUSBRE84613920120507  what do you think of this law sue

teknophyl

Re: zynga is taking is kobojo to court over trademark infringement
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:15:43 am »
Reminds me of a Cypress Hill song

"what go around come around kid"

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:59:59 am »
Reminds me of a Cypress Hill song

"what go around come around kid"

Exactly. Zynga is just worried because other companies are starting to creep in on their market. They are really starting to show their ignorance and have a moron for a CEO.

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:24:36 am »
I think the general public is annoyed with Zynga as well. I used to play Farmville, I'll admit it, but it got to the point where there were so many events that required other friends to download the game, in an effort to get them to subscribe, or things that required me to play every 2 hours to complete things, or ridiculous amounts of power-ups that were the only way to make the game fun and that required a LOT of real world cash, I just threw in the towel.

Then I played a couple of their other games...and not only were they Farmville with a new skin, as soon as they were popular they were the same ploys to keep me playing. I now avoid Zynga like the plague. When they bought out Draw Something, I immediately uninstalled it. Seems like a lot of others did too, since it's lost 1/3 of it's user base in the month following the buyout: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/05/04/draw-something-loses-5m-users-a-month-after-zynga-purchase/
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

atariboy

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 05:08:30 pm »
That's right zynga, give people to continue to hate you! (like they really need a reason).

I used to live near a small town in Calif named Grangeville I wonder if they will come after them for using ville.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »
Zynga is a company that struck gold by total luck, and now that people started not giving a crap about their stuff anymore they're struggling to find what to do. And apparently their solution is sueing people. I predict they die early next year.

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 01:05:38 am »
Oh, Zynga.  Won't you just dry up and die, you sad excuse of a game developer.   >:(