Author Topic: What cancelled game would you love to play if it never was?  (Read 1945 times)

gngtiger

What cancelled game would you love to play if it never was?
« on: March 09, 2022, 10:03:40 pm »
Despite how hard it was on the employees, Sonic X-Treme looked genuinely fascinating and it was a take on 3D before "true" 3D gameplay existed. I would love to have tried it to see how it might have functioned.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 02:15:30 am by gngtiger »

Re: What cancelled game would be you love to play if it never was?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:26:33 pm »
Mega Man Legends 3.  I was a big fan of the first two games and was pretty disappointed when we never got the 3rd game, though it was being made for the 3DS, which was the last system I would've liked to have seen it on.  Part of me would still like to see it happen, though at this point, just getting a nice collection with the first two main games and Tron Bonne, with maybe some updated controls would be nice.

dhaabi

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 11:27:24 pm »
I had high hopes for Project Rap Rabbit being made.

mastodon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 11:54:18 pm »
Command & Conquer: Generals 2 on PC
WWF Backlash on N64

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 12:06:00 am »
That one cancelled Pac-Man World

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 12:07:31 am »
Mega Man Legends 3.  I was a big fan of the first two games and was pretty disappointed when we never got the 3rd game, though it was being made for the 3DS, which was the last system I would've liked to have seen it on.  Part of me would still like to see it happen, though at this point, just getting a nice collection with the first two main games and Tron Bonne, with maybe some updated controls would be nice.

So much this. I so wanted Mega Man Legends 3.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 12:09:55 am »
WWF Backlash on N64

I didn't even know Generals 2 was gonna be a thing.  Reading up on it, would've been neat to have in its original form before they turned it into some weird F2P thing.  Generals wasn't my favorite of the series, but it was the last one I enjoyed.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 12:16:32 am »

So much this. I so wanted Mega Man Legends 3.

Same.  I was bummed when it was canceled.

I'd also add Space Quest 7, and Star Wars 1313

mastodon

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 12:44:56 am »
WWF Backlash on N64

I didn't even know Generals 2 was gonna be a thing.  Reading up on it, would've been neat to have in its original form before they turned it into some weird F2P thing.  Generals wasn't my favorite of the series, but it was the last one I enjoyed.
I think some modders tried to make it. Just like Backlash.
https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Generals_2_(mod)#:~:text=The%20Zero%20Hour%20version%20currently%20has%209%20unique,General%20%20%20Adela%20Baskova%20Demolition%20General%20

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 12:58:46 am »
Bully 2 definitely.

telekill

Re: What cancelled game would you love to play if it never was?
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 08:27:08 am »
Jurassic Park Survival (PS2)

There was a JP game in the works for PS2 that was an action adventure. Looks more action heavy than Dino Crisis but I had my eye on it. Then of course, it was cancelled. Looking back on it now, it looks rough... really rough... but at the time those screenshots came out, they could have turned it around to be something enjoyable.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hswq1v9-GYo

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 09:19:17 am »
Star Wars 1313, and it's not even really close.

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 09:24:36 am »
The original build of Prey from the 90s. I do not believe this original version ever has been released in any way.
Also would be interested in the original version of The Sims 2 beta which will certainly never be released because it no longer exists.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 09:44:53 am »
Timesplitters 4 (Allegedly coming one day)
Fear Effect 3: Inferno
Mega Man Legends 3

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 10:06:49 am »
Dead Phoenix (NGC)