Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in A VGcollect Discord Server?  (Read 1434 times)

gngtiger

Would anyone be interested in A VGcollect Discord Server?
« on: May 23, 2022, 05:02:05 pm »
If there isn't one, I'd love to start one! If there is, may I join?

Bluemoon

Re: Would anyone be interested in A VGcollect Discord Server?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 05:58:27 pm »
I'd certainly join one, Vimms Liar have a discord so I don't see why this site couldn't do it too

david0mario

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 06:11:33 pm »
I would definitely join one if it were created!  :)

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 02:14:58 am »
My experience of Discord in general is a method that sucks away forum users from the initial website. I've seen it on many other forms and in my opinnion it can ruin activity on the Forum/Website. I don't mean to be a negavite nancy, it's just people then become accustomed to Discord and the accessibility then never bother to go on the website - It also sets a divide within the community from Website & Discord users.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 09:42:18 am »
If someone were to create a discord server, they would need to clearly indicate in the name that it is unofficial and not run by the site.

gngtiger

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 04:03:54 pm »
My experience of Discord in general is a method that sucks away forum users from the initial website. I've seen it on many other forms and in my opinnion it can ruin activity on the Forum/Website. I don't mean to be a negavite nancy, it's just people then become accustomed to Discord and the accessibility then never bother to go on the website - It also sets a divide within the community from Website & Discord users.

Hmm.. You're probably right. I'll hold off on it then

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 11:41:55 am »
I set one up at one point and was going to see about it being official and I had even tested building a bot that would list out new entries and such, but I figured I was just being whatever so I never really went much further with it.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 08:50:20 pm »
We already have the forums. I see no point in creating a Discord.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

kypherion

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 12:21:35 am »
We already have the forums. I see no point in creating a Discord.

Seconded. It would move communication to another medium and disincentivize forum posting. Not to mention whether or not people would actually use the voice chat which is a large portion of it to begin with.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"