Author Topic: A big box PC game sealed question  (Read 797 times)

A big box PC game sealed question
« on: August 06, 2022, 03:24:17 pm »
Hello yall, I have a simple question.

I invest sometimes in sealed videogames (retro games ) that i grade with a grading company and sell for profit online. I also do it because i collect games i always wanted to have.

If you know that game, i bought frontier elite 2 on the pc, a space game. It is a big box and the game is still sealed and it look original sealing. But i have a question...

The items inside the box feels loose... like if i move the box around, the items inside moves around inside the box.

Was it normal that sometimes PC big box games came out that way ? I feel like wanting to grade this game with a grading company, but like the items inside the box feels loose and moves around whenever i rotate the box...

is it normal ? thank you for helping

conduit

Re: A big box PC game sealed question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 04:26:11 pm »
I would say that's normal. I own a handful of non-sealed, complete PC big box games. They all have their original internal packaging and the items inside will move with enough force. It probably varies on packaging and how of much of it is inside the box.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 04:46:39 pm »
I would say that's normal. I own a handful of non-sealed, complete PC big box games. They all have their original internal packaging and the items inside will move with enough force. It probably varies on packaging and how of much of it is inside the box.

thanks conduit, your insight is valuable

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 09:09:21 am »
Yes, it was common for big box PC games of that era to have the contents shifting around inside the box. They would often have 2 sets of floppy disks (5.25” & 3.5”), an instruction manual, registration card, and copy protection material all loose in the box with little or no packing material. Obviously later on the floppies were replaced by CD-ROMs but the jewel case was also often just loose in the box.