Author Topic: i cant believe how much a factory sealed copy of earthbound is going for  (Read 7370 times)

Re: i cant believe how much a factory sealed copy of earthbound is going for
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45:24 pm »
aw yeah, i just became the 101st member of our site to get a copy of earthbound. i payed $160 on ebay for a cart only copy (not the best deal maybe but not the worst either)

i also recently ordered a reproduction cart of earthbound for the nes from www.nesreproductions.com so thats gonna be awesome once it comes in the mail.

now i just have to wait for nintendoage to finish the mother 3 gba english repro carts and i will have the earthbound trilogy in english all working on their intended systems.
If any one is looking to get an english copy of mother 3 that plays on your game boy advance check out this link http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=401&catid=6&threadid=67548 )

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 03:14:01 pm »
I understand that Earthbound is a good game.  It's not rare though.  There are tons of them on Ebay.  How did it get to be so damn high? 

You seriously paid $160 for it?

When I started collecting, my brother and I split all of our games up.  He got the SNES games (Read: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2&3, Breath of Fire, etc.) and I got the NES and N64 games.  I don't know who got the better end of the deal.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:15:42 pm by turf »

htimreimer

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 08:23:05 pm »
I understand that Earthbound is a good game.  It's not rare though.  There are tons of them on Ebay.  How did it get to be so damn high? 

You seriously paid $160 for it?

When I started collecting, my brother and I split all of our games up.  He got the SNES games (Read: Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2&3, Breath of Fire, etc.) and I got the NES and N64 games.  I don't know who got the better end of the deal.
the condition of the game is what will kill your wallet and guess what i have seen the board of the game go for 20 dollars and someone got it 40  dollars  this game has a insane fan base
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:28:11 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:55 am »
hey im not saying i got the best deal, but if you check out www.buyearthbound.com that is pretty much the average it goes for these days.
could you get lucky and find it cheaper at a garage sale or something? sure maybe.
but i challange anyone to find a copy today online for cheaper than 120. wont happen
makes for a good question though, whats the most you payed for a single game? this one is mine.

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 02:17:02 pm »

i just checked out you collection (pretty impressive if i may say)
475 nes games and 141 n64 games, your brother would have to have one hell of a snes collection to compare to all that! how many snes games did he get out of the split?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01:20 am »

i just checked out you collection (pretty impressive if i may say)
475 nes games and 141 n64 games, your brother would have to have one hell of a snes collection to compare to all that! how many snes games did he get out of the split?

When we split the stuff up, I got about 50 NES games and 20 N64 games.  It was mostly the popular stuff like Mario and Zelda.  Nothing really expensive.  He got the SNES games.  We were into the RPGs during the SNES days, so he got the better end of the deal, I think.