Author Topic: The Pay It Forward Thread  (Read 73457 times)

soera

Re: Xenoblade artbook (Pay it forward).
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2012, 12:18:47 pm »
If you have a lot of SMB/DH manuals, I know a guy who buys them. Hes a little slow in responding to pms and whatnot however. I traded him a lot of SMB/DH carts but I didnt have any manuals. Here is his thread on Nintendo Age and he has links to his website and store as well. He does nice stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&threadid=70001

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »
Not that it's much of anything (but, I figure I'll keep adding extra/misc. things that I find or don't need as I go) -

I've got an extra Final Fantasy III Manual (for the Nintendo DS) that looks like it's never been looked at...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 12:34:09 am »
Still have my stack of PS1 games.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:06 am »
Just found that I have an extra (2nd) copy of the paperback Disgaea (1) Manga (It's in English - "Broccoli Books"; but it reads like a Japanese Manga)...

...if anyone doesn't know that means that you "start" at the "back" of the book and start reading on the top-right of the right pages and read to the bottom-left of the"left" page.

Up for grabs for the 1st poster that's interested...

soera

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 08:27:51 pm »
All right, as of this morning, the PS1 games have been shipped. If I find anything else, Ill post it up.

I also want to see this continue. I know some other people have to have stuff!

atariboy

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 01:10:27 am »
I too want to see this continue, hopefully more people will find things to help fill ones collection.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 01:31:13 am »
I also want to see this continue. I know some other people have to have stuff!
I have a week off coming up and I plan on purging some stuff so look for a few items from me then.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 10:01:35 am »
I've still got the Disgaea (1) Manga book, and today I found
"Persona Gad Guard" Anime DVD.

It's CIB (but never been used), I got it as a gift...and there's very few animes I'm interested in (and this wasn't one of them).

Anyhow, according to the back of the case it's:

- "Contains Episodes (9 - 12)",

(9) = "Snow Melts the Heart",
(10) = "Bundles of Bills in the Setting Sun"
(11) = "No Returning to Rainbow Town", and
(12). = "Blue Bird"

"2.0 Dolby Digital English & Japanese audio",
"Two English subtitle streams (Dialogue translation & Signs only translation"

"DVD Bonus"
- "Full color art gallery"
- "Hidden out-takes"

Both go to the 1st interested person(s)...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »
As I've been diligently, little by little, adding my collection to the site here - I've come across several things that I either have duplicates of, don't want anymore, or have no use for/can't use.
Such is the case w/ the item that I'm now adding to the list.

It's a beautiful book in quite good condition, with lots of beautiful art-work and text...*BUT*...It's in Japanese :P
(which I don't know nearly enough of to put this book to use - which is unfortunate...since it's just so damned *Nice* :)

Anyhow, it's the Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Japanese) strategy guide.

It was made/printed in 1999 by Atlus & Kodansha Books in Japan.

I seem to remember reading here that some one(s) is fluent in (or at least knows a good amount of) Japanese...

So, If you have any interest in SMT/Persona games *and* the linguistic ability to get some use out of this guide...well then, it's yours!

soera

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:41 pm »
Ive got a few items left. A couple of random atari games ... a pretty beat up looking guide for FF Tactics ... And if you guys are honestly needing some cords or cables or maybe even a controller, I have 2 duffle bags full of them (The only thing I can see that I dont have anything for is the SNES and the Saturn).

desocietas

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2012, 01:16:50 pm »
As I've been diligently, little by little, adding my collection to the site here - I've come across several things that I either have duplicates of, don't want anymore, or have no use for/can't use.
Such is the case w/ the item that I'm now adding to the list.

It's a beautiful book in quite good condition, with lots of beautiful art-work and text...*BUT*...It's in Japanese :P
(which I don't know nearly enough of to put this book to use - which is unfortunate...since it's just so damned *Nice* :)

Anyhow, it's the Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Japanese) strategy guide.

It was made/printed in 1999 by Atlus & Kodansha Books in Japan.

I seem to remember reading here that some one(s) is fluent in (or at least knows a good amount of) Japanese...

So, If you have any interest in SMT/Persona games *and* the linguistic ability to get some use out of this guide...well then, it's yours!

I'm thinking @amauriel would be a good candidate...?  I love my SMT/Persona games but don't know any Japanese (yet).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2012, 02:11:46 pm »
If someone else would want it, they are welcome to it. I'm not fluent in Japanese (just minored in it in college, so enough to stumble through games), and since Innocent Sin came out for the PSP, I never got the Japanese version.

However, if no one else would like it, I'd gladly take it off your hands. Just feel bad that I haven't dug through my stuff enough to pay it forward yet. My master's classes are kicking my butt this summer!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2012, 02:41:23 pm »
If someone else would want it, they are welcome to it. I'm not fluent in Japanese (just minored in it in college, so enough to stumble through games), and since Innocent Sin came out for the PSP, I never got the Japanese version.

However, if no one else would like it, I'd gladly take it off your hands. Just feel bad that I haven't dug through my stuff enough to pay it forward yet. My master's classes are kicking my butt this summer!

It's yours then...as it sounds like you'd get the most use/benefit out of it.

PM me (or e-mail me/it's in my profile) with where/who to send it to -and- I'll get it out either later today or early tomorrow.

PS...wtf's the deal w/ people here randomly using "@" in front of user's screen-names???

desocietas

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »
PS...wtf's the deal w/ people here randomly using "@" in front of user's screen-names???

Ha, it's leftover from our switch from the old forum to the new one.  The old one would trigger a mention to the person who was named after the @.  Pretty handy when you lose track of a thread and someone mentions you in a later related post.

I guess I still do it hoping that it'll work again ;P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2012, 03:15:18 pm »
Hmm...that does sound pretty sweet :)

...And, of course, it's always nice when it's confirmed that I wasn't just missing-out on something that should have been blatantly obvious to me... :P