Author Topic: The Pay It Forward Thread  (Read 74039 times)

htimreimer

Re: The Pay It Forward Thread
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2013, 05:18:43 am »
@mkarasch the collectibility of gaming magazines are dependent on what games, topics, reviews and interviews the magazine has, look through them and see what they have
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:20:54 am by htimreimer »

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2013, 02:25:47 pm »
Any DQ ads/pics in any of those? :)

There isn't much of anything in these.  Bad luck.  That's not a bad idea though, stealing the ads for decor.  I might snag a shadowrun ad from one of them...

90snostalga

« Reply #242 on: November 05, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
I was reading the user feedback forums and then I see where some users mentioned they bought something using the "pay it forward" thread.  I came across this but after reading, I am unclear as to what this means.  What is the pay it forward thread?

pacpix

« Reply #243 on: November 05, 2013, 09:20:58 pm »
I was reading the user feedback forums and then I see where some users mentioned they bought something using the "pay it forward" thread.  I came across this but after reading, I am unclear as to what this means.  What is the pay it forward thread?
Basically you take free stuff, and leave free stuff.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2013, 09:23:06 pm »
Heya 90snostalgia!

This thread has been a little inactive lately, but mainly it's for very nice folks who are happy to send something (for free) to someone else in the forums who would like the item.  Usually some minor things like a magazine or a game manual or promo item... I've given away dupe Steam keys here... wish I'd given away more before Humble Bundle changed their policy on their Steam keys!

So in case you have any weird things you don't mind giving away for free, feel free to list it up here.  Someone might be interested!

Yup, like Pacpix said.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

90snostalga

« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2013, 11:39:34 pm »
Heya 90snostalgia!

This thread has been a little inactive lately, but mainly it's for very nice folks who are happy to send something (for free) to someone else in the forums who would like the item.  Usually some minor things like a magazine or a game manual or promo item... I've given away dupe Steam keys here... wish I'd given away more before Humble Bundle changed their policy on their Steam keys!

So in case you have any weird things you don't mind giving away for free, feel free to list it up here.  Someone might be interested!

Yup, like Pacpix said.

AAh.  I get it.  That's pretty cool.  I'm going to have to find some stuff to give away.  So if I had something to give, I would just list the item on this thread, and basically just await for some one to claim it?  That's pretty much how it works? 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2013, 11:42:12 pm »
Yep. That's how it goes. Just throw it out there and someone will shoot a PM. There've been some good things go through thread, but I never was able to give that Virtua Fighter 2 away.

90snostalga

« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2013, 11:46:21 pm »
Yep. That's how it goes. Just throw it out there and someone will shoot a PM. There've been some good things go through thread, but I never was able to give that Virtua Fighter 2 away.

Virtua Fighter 2 for the Saturn?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2013, 11:52:35 pm »

Yep, but I sold/gave it away at Retropalooza a month or so ago.

90snostalga

« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:09 pm »

Yep, but I sold/gave it away at Retropalooza a month or so ago.

Ah.  I would have grabbed it.  But I can't believe no one claimed it!  That's a Saturn classic :)

soera

« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2013, 12:53:03 pm »
I feel bad for not adding to this lately myself. I really dont have much to offer other than a Lunar guide for the PS1 ... the issue with it is that every single page has been separated from the spine of the book. But all the stickers are there! If someone is interested, let me know. :)

This is the item : http://vgcollect.com/item/10659

90snostalga

« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:15 pm »
I feel bad for not adding to this lately myself. I really dont have much to offer other than a Lunar guide for the PS1 ... the issue with it is that every single page has been separated from the spine of the book. But all the stickers are there! If someone is interested, let me know. :)

This is the item : http://vgcollect.com/item/10659

Surprised no one has claimed it.    Can I claim it if no one else does?    HOw much for shipping?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:40:07 pm by 90snostalga »

soera

« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2013, 01:03:59 am »
Sure you can claim it. It will take me a few days to try to get it shipped out. Send me your address. :)

90snostalga

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »
I picked up a VHS tape last weekend of a anime titled "Record of Lodoss War" volume 3 with english language dialogue.  I do not know anything about this show.  The tape is dated 1996 and it contains 2 episodes.  6.  The sword of the dark emperor and 7.  the war of heroes.  I got to get my camera tonight to load some pictures on here for you to see.  Let me know if anyone wants it because I dont  ;)

90snostalga

« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2013, 05:10:50 am »

This is a stock photo of the tape