Author Topic: Xbox decides to launch their second AAA exclusive of the gen at 30fps  (Read 1446 times)

Re: Xbox decides to launch their second AAA exclusive of the gen at 30fps
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2023, 02:17:31 am »
Not even a 60 fps performance option? Yikes.  If this was my only option, I'd be kinda pissed about that with next gen hardware.  I personally don't care about 4k, I always turn a game to performance mode on PS5 when I can, because I want the game to run as smooth as possible, and I'll take smoother gameplay over higher resolution any day.  It doesn't affect me much, like if I bought the game, it's on PC, but with my low interest in the game and my PC not running the best these days, I'm not sure if I'll get around to the game anytime soon.  It's possible they add in performance post-release, that they ran out of time to get that going smoothly, so after optimization passes, it could work, but that's probably way down the road.

And I know we've had FPS talk around here before, I can let it slide on certain games, I played Tears of the Kingdom and that is often going below 30, but to me, there's certain games where it just affects it more and I don't care for going back to 30.  The gameplay is what matters and Starfield is a shooter and I want that to be as smooth as possible.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 02:21:14 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2024, 11:25:55 pm »
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is apparently 30fps as well. What was the point of the current gen again? PS4 Pro and One X already output 4K so it wasn't that.

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2024, 11:45:53 pm »
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is apparently 30fps as well. What was the point of the current gen again? PS4 Pro and One X already output 4K so it wasn't that.

I saw that the lead or one of the team was talking about "cinematic quality" or something to justify the framerate, which makes zero sense being that movies are at 24, not 30, and also doesn't work being that the PC version will run at a higher framerate.  Like I know they can't just come out to say the hardware isn't powerful enough to do the higher framerate for the game with how they prioritized visuals/resolution, but performance to me always matter more to me.  Anymore, I only deal with 30fps on Switch games, but it's a thing of expectations too, where I know Switch is lesser hardware and also I feel more cartoony graphics aren't as problematic when it comes to the lower FPS/resolution.  It only bothers me when the FPS tanks and it's like a Pokemon Scarlet/Violet situation where the game is both pretty ugly and has bad framerate problems.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2024, 10:37:50 am »

I saw that the lead or one of the team was talking about "cinematic quality" or something to justify the framerate, which makes zero sense being that movies are at 24, not 30, and also doesn't work being that the PC version will run at a higher framerate.  Like I know they can't just come out to say the hardware isn't powerful enough to do the higher framerate for the game with how they prioritized visuals/resolution, but performance to me always matter more to me.  Anymore, I only deal with 30fps on Switch games, but it's a thing of expectations too, where I know Switch is lesser hardware and also I feel more cartoony graphics aren't as problematic when it comes to the lower FPS/resolution.  It only bothers me when the FPS tanks and it's like a Pokemon Scarlet/Violet situation where the game is both pretty ugly and has bad framerate problems.
High framerates aren't a selling point for Switch like it is for Series X where they mention 120fps five times ont he product page.