Author Topic: long weekend confusion  (Read 3275 times)

htimreimer

long weekend confusion
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:31:38 am »
its a long weekend and i am sleeping at my uncles house in saskatoon (i have two uncles and thay live in one house) and there's one thing that confuse me everytime i come here why dose my uncles keep old phone books and why dose one of my uncles keep old broken vcrs  ???

thay have 7 vcrs and 6 phone books i don't understand why thay keep them it like thay collect them
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:38:48 am by htimreimer »

ffxik

Re: long weekend confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:50:18 am »
its a long weekend and i am sleeping at my uncles house in saskatoon (i have two uncles and thay live in one house) and there's one thing that confuse me everytime i come here why dose my uncles keep old phone books and why dose one of my uncles keep old broken vcrs  ???

thay have 7 vcrs and 6 phone books i don't understand why thay keep them it like thay collect them

???

I know this is going to sound asshole-ish, but you don't get out much do you?

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:22 am »
Ha I always questions why people keep old crap and clutter up there homes...

then I look at my video game collection.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:30:16 am »
I don't think you got my parents beat. They have one of those old big black and white televisions with the nice wooden box frame.
On top of that, they have a 22 inch tv, and on top of that they have 10" portable tv. 8 vcr's ALL hooked up.. I had to run some wigity cables to pull that one off. And that's just in the front room. Don't get me started on the master bedroom build. LOL. Guess that's what happens when you get bored and your in your 60's =P

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:26:02 am »
I don't think you got my parents beat. They have one of those old big black and white televisions with the nice wooden box frame.
On top of that, they have a 22 inch tv, and on top of that they have 10" portable tv. 8 vcr's ALL hooked up.. I had to run some wigity cables to pull that one off. And that's just in the front room. Don't get me started on the master bedroom build. LOL. Guess that's what happens when you get bored and your in your 60's =P
your  parents got my uncles beat

scott

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:49:26 pm »

I love console TVs. Eventually I want to build one
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 04:51:49 pm »
Although I dont understand the purpose in keeping VCRs and phone books, I will second the mention of the big console TVs ... they are retro looking and you can stack stuff on them (unlike new TVs now that are about 3 inches thick) making for a really cool display sometimes!

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 09:32:06 am »
Although I dont understand the purpose in keeping VCRs and phone books, I will second the mention of the big console TVs ... they are retro looking and you can stack stuff on them (unlike new TVs now that are about 3 inches thick) making for a really cool display sometimes!

Then you would HATE my setup. I don't have anything (right now) in the front as a console. I use a 10' (yes, foot!) high def projector screen. Perhaps i'll take pics of it sometime. Although id really like to give it a console feel, so i'm thinking of relocating my consoles and surround sound setup towards the front. I'd really like to go with a glass, matinee or piano black console entertainment stand but i'd be open for suggestions. One of these days, the kitchen is getting an overall and going with all "ICE" systems (as in stainless steel). The theater room is hard wood floor. I have some pretty wicked ideas, but don't wanna steal the thunder for the topic.

htimreimer

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:09 pm »

Then you would HATE my setup. I don't have anything (right now) in the front as a console. I use a 10' (yes, foot!) high def projector screen. Perhaps i'll take pics of it sometime. Although id really like to give it a console feel, so i'm thinking of relocating my consoles and surround sound setup towards the front. I'd really like to go with a glass, matinee or piano black console entertainment stand but i'd be open for suggestions. One of these days, the kitchen is getting an overall and going with all "ICE" systems (as in stainless steel). The theater room is hard wood floor. I have some pretty wicked ideas, but don't wanna steal the thunder for the topic.

thats bad a$$