Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn -- End of an Era  (Read 3148 times)

scott

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn -- End of an Era
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 12:48:33 pm »
I know right? They are fat little white creatures w/ bat wings.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 02:37:02 pm »
I think Tactics is honestly the point where I noticed FF going a different route than what I really liked. But it took FF X to hit me in the face with it to get me to see it.

darko

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 02:50:30 pm »
I think Tactics is honestly the point where I noticed FF going a different route than what I really liked. But it took FF X to hit me in the face with it to get me to see it.

There's always XII....the 2nd greatest FF game ever made :)

scott

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »

Oh please tell. I want to know the opinion of someone who doesn't think XII is crap.

darko

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 03:37:32 pm »

Oh please tell. I want to know the opinion of someone who doesn't think XII is crap.

Ha, what do you want to know? It is absolutely my second favorite FF game ever (only after VI).

1. Gameplay is awesome (gambits included)
2. Graphics are awesome for their time
3. Beast Hunting
4. Variation of locations you visit throughout the game
5. Summon battles are pretty epic (even though summons themselves are pretty useless most of the time)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:39:48 pm by darko »

scott

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »
Ha, and that folks, is why I think FFXII is a good game. STOP HATING ON IT!

soera

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »
I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Since FFX came out (not counting offshoots like crystal chronicles or theatherythm) I have bought and tried : X, X2, XIII. I have bought and not tried : XI XII XIII-2. I will say that XII has a special place in my heart regardless: Its the exact day my first child was born. I have the full size store standee, the steelbook version of the game with the hardback guide. I am going to give it a try as my next game just to see how it really is.

htimreimer

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 02:53:23 pm »
for those who are interested in FF14,there is good article on ign about pricing models and how they improved the game: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/relaunching-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »
I would take that with a grain of salt... SE has not officially announced pricing and the game is still under NDA.  I'll share what I can (beta starts tomorrow) as the beta progresses.  Anyone else in the Beta?