Author Topic: Levi's Corner  (Read 1500 times)

Levi's Corner
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:20:58 am »
This post is just a placement post for all of the items i'v personally added to the database.
It's kind of pointless to post these but I however see one benefit. It may give users idea's about some new games to try out next.
The majority of games I add to the database are xbox 360.
Other than the above, it's just a general way to keep track of which games i'v added and acts as a sort of personal wish list other than the db. Perhaps this can be a feature in the user's control panel in the future.

You can click on the following links to take you directly to the game's page on vgcollect.

Let me know if you have any corrections / if I made any mistakes. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:52:09 am by bugs181 »

psydswipe

Re: Levi's Corner
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 06:10:33 am »
That Ridge Racer Unbounded Limited Edition looks to have issues, though someone else added it. Has a European image but listed on North America, though I'm unaware of a limited edition in the US. Also, the title doesn't say limited edition. Not sure if the title needs colons, but between the two Ridge Racer Unbounded listings one has them and one doesn't.

I thought Mad Catz published Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge. Looks like Home Entertainment Suppliers is an Australian distributor.

This one has a UK box on a NA entry, and the publisher is listed twice: http://vgcollect.com/item/25109

(I didn't look at them all, just randomly clicked on some)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:15:35 am by psydswipe »

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:48:35 am »
That Ridge Racer Unbounded Limited Edition looks to have issues, though someone else added it. Has a European image but listed on North America, though I'm unaware of a limited edition in the US. Also, the title doesn't say limited edition. Not sure if the title needs colons, but between the two Ridge Racer Unbounded listings one has them and one doesn't.

I thought Mad Catz published Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge. Looks like Home Entertainment Suppliers is an Australian distributor.

This one has a UK box on a NA entry, and the publisher is listed twice: http://vgcollect.com/item/25109

(I didn't look at them all, just randomly clicked on some)

Appreciate the eyes, i'll do my best to clean these up. It's hard to actually narrow down some of the games information from different sources without a lot of research. I usually pick the one i'm more comfortable supporting IE; ign over wikipedia unless the information was entered directly by the company itself (which is usually not the case). Schools (college and even most high-schools) will refuse to use wikipedia as a trusted source for information and will even fail a paper if you use it. I believe the reason for this is because anyone is open to edit it and changes get accepted even without much research. Of course, I strayed off topic a little bit.

You were correct on the Ridge Racer limited edition, PM'd scott to remove it. The Ridge Racer: Unbounded (with semicolon) is the correct title and information. I removed it from the list as I didn't create either of those. Again, thanks.

EDIT: ign was just used as an example, I do get most of my covers from there but I refer to xbox.com for the actual game information and dates.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:05:30 am by bugs181 »

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »
I know for sure NBA Jam is a dupe and it's got a copy of the UK cover on it.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 03:52:40 am »
I know for sure NBA Jam is a dupe and it's got a copy of the UK cover on it.

You are right, duplicated removed. Thank you.