Author Topic: Puzzle Bobble Mini/Bust-a-Move Pocket - Neo Geo Pocket Color (NA)  (Read 452 times)

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question:

I was initially having an issue finding the NA version of Puzzle Bobble Mini in the database.  I did find that the game was also called Bust-a-Move Pocket, and that's how it's listed on this site, but on my game, it's called Puzzle Bobble Mini.  Is there a way to make this game easier to locate for people like me who happen to have a copy that says "Puzzle Bobble Mini" as opposed to "Bust-a-Move Pocket"?

It's not just the label, it's programmed in the game.  I'm like 99% sure this is a NA release because all of my Neo Geo Pocket Color games came together in a bundle pack sold at Gamestop back in the early 00s.

dhaabi

Re: Puzzle Bobble Mini/Bust-a-Move Pocket - Neo Geo Pocket Color (NA)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 09:46:18 am »
From what I've gathered, Bust-A-Move Pocket is the name for the NA game only. In EU and JP, the same game was titled Puzzle Bobble Mini. Below are those two entries.
Puzzle Bobble Mini [EU]
Puzzle Bobble Mini [JP]

Without provided images, we can't confirm whether the copy you own is something else such as a NA release, but it's doubtful. With that said, there are at least two other EU regional variants, which can both be seen in detail on this MobyGames page

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 07:13:50 pm »
Fairly sure you just got a european cartridge.

Having pal releases in the usa does happen, opposite aswell.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 11:22:49 pm »
Is there any way to tell on the cartridge besides the title?

Edit: Is the Neo Geo Pocket Color region free?  I bought it with the 10 games in what seemed like a brand new pack at Gamestop.  Only three of the games have the ESRB rating on them.  Those three games are also the only ones that don't say "Supported by NGP Color in the upper right hand corner of the label.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 11:27:54 pm by FoolsRequiem »

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 11:45:41 pm »
Is there any way to tell on the cartridge besides the title?

Edit: Is the Neo Geo Pocket Color region free?  I bought it with the 10 games in what seemed like a brand new pack at Gamestop.  Only three of the games have the ESRB rating on them.  Those three games are also the only ones that don't say "Supported by NGP Color in the upper right hand corner of the label.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color is region-free. With that understanding, every NA regional copy within the Neo Geo Pocket Color library should have an ESRB rating on the cartridge. I've not come across any that omits this detail, including the ten specific games you own after inspecting your site collection. The "Supported by NGP Color" text on cartridges is reserved for EU and JP copies only.