Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge 2024!!!!!  (Read 22921 times)

kashell

Re: 52 Games Challenge 2024!!!!!
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2024, 03:07:56 pm »
70. Emio: The Smiling Man

While visiting family, I stopped by a GameStop near their place and picked this up. I thought it would be a good way to gear up for the sp00py gaming season. The game was a point and click, visual novel detective game with clean visuals and easy to use interfaces. It also had a groovy soundtrack. Unfortunately, it's a slow burn. Even for a game like this. The first chapter really gets you in the mood to solve the case. Things don't really become interesting until the ninth or tenth chapter. The game has twelve chapters in total. So, yeah. It was kind of a snooze fest for the majority of the time. I still plan on keeping the game. Said trip was one of the most impactful ones so this will act as a souvenir for that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 03:15:56 pm by kashell »

kashell

Re: 52 Games Challenge 2024!!!!!
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2024, 03:15:50 pm »
71. Emio: The Smiling Man - Minoru

A bonus story that sums up everything that goes on with some of the key players before the story begins in earnest and fills in all of the gaps from the main story. This was a nice bonus to a rather blah game. I really appreciated that the second half of it was done with some gorgeous, high-quality anime. If you do play Emio: The Smiling Man, I'd say it's worth it to see things through to completion so you can enjoy this bonus material.