Author Topic: Tips on storing/displaying controllers neatly.  (Read 1255 times)

Tips on storing/displaying controllers neatly.
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »
I've had this problem for a long time. I haven't found a good way to neatly display my controllers and/or keep them readily available. I'm one of those people that frequently plays multiple consoles, and its messy to keep my controllers out. Normally I use velcro ties and plastic bins to store my controllers, but I have long wished for a way to have my controllers on display without having to stoop to hiding them until use. I like collecting weird controllers, some of which I'd never use, but there are many unique 3rd party controllers that I like to have out so people can "feel" them or see how awkward they are.

If anyone has any tips or question, please post!

scott

Re: Tips on storing/displaying controllers neatly.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:10:16 pm »
Ooooh, I would like to know this as well. I have 7 console hooked up at the moment, but only 3 of them require wired controllers (Yay Wavebird!). But a nice way to keep the controllers out, but out of the way without wrapping the cords around the controller itself would be wonderful.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 05:03:00 pm »
I was going to take pics and show you my controllers ... but all my stupid batteries are dead at once.

My controllers just hang from the tacks that are used to keep my posters on the wall. I even have a 4 score and a Satellite hanging on the wall. They are easily accessible and are sort of decoration when not in use.

teknophyl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »
This has bugged me too. I've thought about rigging up a shoe hanging "thing" somehow, but they're just ugly.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »
I was going to take pics and show you my controllers ... but all my stupid batteries are dead at once.

My controllers just hang from the tacks that are used to keep my posters on the wall. I even have a 4 score and a Satellite hanging on the wall. They are easily accessible and are sort of decoration when not in use.

I'd still love to see if you can upload a picture. I'm still stuck with plastic pins.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »
i think the worst controllers to neatly is the ones with thick wires or any wires that are like the ones on the nes controllers

madmax

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:55:48 am »
I have a little basket I keep under my desk. I neatly wrap the cords (making sure not to bend the end going into the controller) and place them (yes place) into the basket/box. i got it at the dollar store and it looks all fancy.

soera

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 01:26:31 am »
Ill get my pics up soon.