Author Topic: Question regarding Everdrive Deluxe Edition vs Standard Entries  (Read 627 times)

BinaryMessiah

StoneAge Gamer has Deluxe Editions of the flashcarts (mostly all of them) that come in BitBox packaging with extras. I have posted this one a long time ago https://vgcollect.com/item/196539 however, I have noticed overtime there are only the Everdrive color variants by themselves so I would assume this entry isn't valid anymore. I have also noticed there are entries in a different category such as this https://vgcollect.com/item/103527 under homebrew which I'm not sure is correct.

Do the Everdrive Deluxe Editions go into their own entry as i.e. "StoneAge Gamer EverDrive-GB X7 - Deluxe Edition" or "StoneAge Gamer EverDrive-GB X5 - Deluxe Edition" and omit the color variant since the packaging does not include this info? However, each model of the flashcart such as the X5 and X7 of the GBA Everdrive cart are also not listed on the packaging so would it just be a more generic "StoneAge Gamer EverDrive-GB - Deluxe Edition"

I have scanned the covers for various Deluxe Edition packages for various flashcarts. I just don't want to flood the system with incorrect info.

tripredacus

Re: Question regarding Everdrive Deluxe Edition vs Standard Entries
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 10:36:12 am »
Some were added or changed to Stone Age Gamer because early on they were just listed as Everdrive or Kryzsx (sic) Everdrive and it did appear that while Stone Age Gamer did sell them in their own packaging, you could also get them directly from Kryzx at some point. I don't know if that is still the case or not.

For the color or model, if it is not marked on the box, I don't think it matters since the actual item inside will be different. So you can put the color in descriptor if there are variants.

As for homebrew, it certainly isn't because it is a commercial product.

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 10:55:23 am »
Some were added or changed to Stone Age Gamer because early on they were just listed as Everdrive or Kryzsx (sic) Everdrive and it did appear that while Stone Age Gamer did sell them in their own packaging, you could also get them directly from Kryzx at some point. I don't know if that is still the case or not.

For the color or model, if it is not marked on the box, I don't think it matters since the actual item inside will be different. So you can put the color in descriptor if there are variants.

As for homebrew, it certainly isn't because it is a commercial product.

StoneAge Gamer still sells them in their own BitBox packaging and Krikzz still sells them on his site, however, most of the color variants are StoneAge Gamer exclusive.

Would I be able to change the homebrew to the correct category and have it approved?

I added a new entry here https://vgcollect.com/item/270150 Hopefully this is okay as this is what I would be doing going forward
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 11:02:29 am by BinaryMessiah »

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 03:00:26 pm »
StoneAge Gamer still sells them in their own BitBox packaging and Krikzz still sells them on his site, however, most of the color variants are StoneAge Gamer exclusive.

Would I be able to change the homebrew to the correct category and have it approved?

I added a new entry here https://vgcollect.com/item/270150 Hopefully this is okay as this is what I would be doing going forward

Yes you can change them away from Homebrew to Unofficial Release.

For your entry, the description is wrong. We do not make any entry for an item that can contain multiple different things. What you would have to do is make an entry for each variant. And in the description you do not mention the other versions. Also I do not see if the term "Deluxe Edition" is on the packaging. If it is on the packaging, then you should put it in box text. If it is not on the packaging then that term can be put into alt-name.

Entry examples (that use the following presumptions)
1. That Deluxe Edition is not printed on the box
2. That the "Base" term for the cartridge is either on the box or in the manual
3. Base not being a valid color option

Stone Age Gamer Everdrive GG (Horizon)
Stone Age Gamer Everdrive GG (X7 Black)

Need to know what "Base" means in context of a color. It would not appear that Base = Black, since X7 has both.

PS: The retailer name should be Stone Age Gamer (with the spaces)

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2024, 05:55:22 pm »

Yes you can change them away from Homebrew to Unofficial Release.

For your entry, the description is wrong. We do not make any entry for an item that can contain multiple different things. What you would have to do is make an entry for each variant. And in the description you do not mention the other versions. Also I do not see if the term "Deluxe Edition" is on the packaging. If it is on the packaging, then you should put it in box text. If it is not on the packaging then that term can be put into alt-name.

Entry examples (that use the following presumptions)
1. That Deluxe Edition is not printed on the box
2. That the "Base" term for the cartridge is either on the box or in the manual
3. Base not being a valid color option

Stone Age Gamer Everdrive GG (Horizon)
Stone Age Gamer Everdrive GG (X7 Black)

Need to know what "Base" means in context of a color. It would not appear that Base = Black, since X7 has both.

PS: The retailer name should be Stone Age Gamer (with the spaces)

Okay, these are the intricacies of the site that are a steep learning even for as many entries as I have submitted.

It makes more sense now. I removed the Deluxe Edition from the name (it's only listed on the website) and I put in the description for what the edition comes with instead of various color variants.