Author Topic: October 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29 times)

Guess I'll be the one to open the thread for the new month :)

And immediately gotta share something new I'm extremely happy with:

A proper metal Dance Dance Revolution-style game pad. And the craziest part: I got it used for 20 bucks. 20 bucks. The only problem was that I didn't have a control box with it, but thankfully a friend of mine who's skilled at programming was able to make one. And yes: the pad works!! It took me dragging this big heavy metal slab literally halfway across the Netherlands and back on trains and buses over the course of a whole weekend, and my back really hurts now, but who cares. IT WORKS!!

I'm not even sure what model this exactly is yet. I can't find any labeling on it and it wasn't listed as anything specific. But it looks extremely similar to the official Dance Dance Revolution pads, which made a friend of mine think it may actually be official, which would be insane if that's the case. But honestly, I don't really care. I'm just so glad it works! Really sick to own this. Gonna have a ton of fun playing Stepmania on this :) (until like 7 or maybe 8 PM at the absolute latest though. I don't want to get into a fight with my downstairs neighbours).
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.