Author Topic: October 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 96 times)

Guess I'll be the one to open the thread for the new month :)

And immediately gotta share something new I'm extremely happy with:

A proper metal Dance Dance Revolution-style game pad. And the craziest part: I got it used for 20 bucks. 20 bucks. The only problem was that I didn't have a control box with it, but thankfully a friend of mine who's skilled at programming was able to make one. And yes: the pad works!! It took me dragging this big heavy metal slab literally halfway across the Netherlands and back on trains and buses over the course of a whole weekend, and my back really hurts now, but who cares. IT WORKS!!

I'm not even sure what model this exactly is yet. I can't find any labeling on it and it wasn't listed as anything specific. But it looks extremely similar to the official Dance Dance Revolution pads, which made a friend of mine think it may actually be official, which would be insane if that's the case. But honestly, I don't really care. I'm just so glad it works! Really sick to own this. Gonna have a ton of fun playing Stepmania on this :) (until like 7 or maybe 8 PM at the absolute latest though. I don't want to get into a fight with my downstairs neighbours).
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

Re: October 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2024, 10:21:26 pm »
Guess I'll be the one to open the thread for the new month :)

And immediately gotta share something new I'm extremely happy with:

A proper metal Dance Dance Revolution-style game pad. And the craziest part: I got it used for 20 bucks. 20 bucks. The only problem was that I didn't have a control box with it, but thankfully a friend of mine who's skilled at programming was able to make one. And yes: the pad works!! It took me dragging this big heavy metal slab literally halfway across the Netherlands and back on trains and buses over the course of a whole weekend, and my back really hurts now, but who cares. IT WORKS!!

I'm not even sure what model this exactly is yet. I can't find any labeling on it and it wasn't listed as anything specific. But it looks extremely similar to the official Dance Dance Revolution pads, which made a friend of mine think it may actually be official, which would be insane if that's the case. But honestly, I don't really care. I'm just so glad it works! Really sick to own this. Gonna have a ton of fun playing Stepmania on this :) (until like 7 or maybe 8 PM at the absolute latest though. I don't want to get into a fight with my downstairs neighbours).

This is the only way to play DDR outside an arcade. Those flimsy dance pads that came with the game suck and almost make it unplayable. Also, good luck finding one that still works after all these years.

sworddude

A proper metal Dance Dance Revolution-style game pad. And the craziest part: I got it used for 20 bucks. downstairs neighbours).

Those things kinda huge must have been quite the sight in them trains/ busses.

This is the only way to play DDR outside an arcade. Those flimsy dance pads that came with the game suck and almost make it unplayable. Also, good luck finding one that still works after all these years.

I don't know how it's over there in the states. but retro and 2nd hand stores got these flimsy mats by the tons for them older consoles in europe. they sell em for 12 to 20$ over here with warranty. and considering the popularity of DDR I assume those work also I kinda doubt stores would deal with em otherwise if they where that unreliable. Now they might not be as great as an arcade one but they work as they where back than which is a crappy experience for some. So in short kinda ez to score a working one over here at least. now if your trying to score it cheaper from the og owners I could see the issues considering it's often heavily used but getting it from a store and skipping all that BS ain't really breaking the bank at current prices.
Your Stylish Sword Master!