Author Topic: If you won the lottery...  (Read 6028 times)

Re: If you won the lottery...
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 10:11:37 am »
Just thought of something, and this is only if I won some huge Powerball jackpot (400-million or more). I would fund the creation of Shenmue 3 and try and get as much of the original team to work on it as possible. Of course I'd try and get other investors in the project, but would not mind dropping half my fortune to see this game finally made. I figure after it was complete, I'd still have several million left over, enough to live very comfortably for the rest of my life and I'd have Shenmue 3 :D

karyann

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 10:24:29 am »
Just thought of something, and this is only if I won some huge Powerball jackpot (400-million or more). I would fund the creation of Shenmue 3 and try and get as much of the original team to work on it as possible. Of course I'd try and get other investors in the project, but would not mind dropping half my fortune to see this game finally made. I figure after it was complete, I'd still have several million left over, enough to live very comfortably for the rest of my life and I'd have Shenmue 3 :D

That's actually brilliant! I'd love to buy Rare back from Microsoft and then give them to Nintendo, but I guess no lottery would ever give out enough money for that.

scott

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 12:27:01 pm »
Didn't Rare and Nintendo have some huge falling out before Microsoft bought them? Has Rare even made a worthwhile game since the N64 era?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »
Didn't Rare and Nintendo have some huge falling out before Microsoft bought them? Has Rare even made a worthwhile game since the N64 era?

Kameo on XBox 360 was the best for sure.

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 07:06:26 pm »

That's actually brilliant! I'd love to buy Rare back from Microsoft and then give them to Nintendo, but I guess no lottery would ever give out enough money for that.
They would , after being givin back to nintendo, would make a Perfect dark remake for wiiu and 3ds.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »
The first game I would get is 1942 for the NES. Why, you ask? Because alphanumerically, it's the first NES game that I don't have, and by Jove I'll be getting them all. All of them! Mine! Myriad 6-in-1! Bubble Bath Babes! Cheetahmen 2! Mine! All Mine! Hahahaha! I'm immortal! No one can stop me!

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 11:20:17 am »
If i won a big lottery prize i would buy a full nintendo japanese collection and a north american collection.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

foxhack

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »
I would buy out the VGA.

Then burn everything.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:33 pm »
I would buy out the VGA.

Then burn everything.

This is why we need a "thumbs up" button.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »
Forget my last post about adding rare items to my collection.

If I won the lottery, I'd open a retro shop and run it the way I've always wanted to see a retro-shop. And I could actually do it, because I'd already be rich and so it'd be a labor of love, not for money. Sell items at prices people can afford. Stock those systems and games that other mainstream shops tell you "aren't popular enough to buy".

I'd also make it fun by throwing in a few arcade games and pinball machines. As well as having gaming tournaments and high score boards.

But I'd also have used CDs and records, used DVDs and VHS, comic books, and other cool retro stuff in addition to the games. Make it the ultimate one-stop-shop for collectors. My area SORELY needs something like this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:14:14 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2014, 01:40:41 pm »

If I won the lottery, I'd open a retro shop and run it the way I've always wanted to see a retro-shop. And I could actually do it, because I'd already be rich and so it'd be a labor of love, not for money. Sell items at prices people can afford. Stock those systems and games that other mainstream shops tell you "aren't popular enough to buy".

I'd also make it fun by throwing in a few arcade games and pinball machines. As well as having gaming tournaments and high score boards.

But I'd also have used CDs and records, used DVDs and VHS, comic books, and other cool retro stuff in addition to the games. Make it the ultimate one-stop-shop for collectors. My area SORELY needs something like this.

I've dreamed like this too.  You'd need a tax write off if you had that kind of money, so a game store would be perfect.  Sell stuff at a reasonable price.  Something else I think would be awesome is sprinkling in some rare stuff once a month or so.  I would have to buy it off of ebay to put in in the store, but the word of mouth advertising would be unreal. Don't tell anyone.  Don't advertise it.  Just drop a seriously hard to find game on the shelf ever month or so.  It would keep people hunting in your store.

scott

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »
I was thinking about that too. If I won the lottery, I would totally open up a Record store and not worry about the profitability, because I'd already be living off of interest.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »
 ;D Every game on my wish list.  + towards display of the collection + home to keep it secured ;3
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 02:26:52 pm »

I'd also make it fun by throwing in a few arcade games and pinball machines. As well as having gaming tournaments and high score boards. You could have a dollar table were every item on that table is a dollar that day.

Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:34 pm »
I would buy out the VGA.

Then burn everything.

This is why we need a "thumbs up" button.
I'm pretty sure SMF actually has one... I think that'd be really neat to have on. Hopefully I won't have to give Matt all my lottery winnings to see this happen :p