Author Topic: Copy of Magical Chase?  (Read 3274 times)

Copy of Magical Chase?
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:00 pm »
Does anyone have a copy of this Magical Chase for the TG 16?
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

Re: Copy of Magical Chase?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:54:36 pm »
I only knew one person who owned this game and they sold it a few years ago for $560 on ebay.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:19:34 pm »
wow that person could have gotten way more for that game ...
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:38:34 pm »
Why do you say that? I'm talking a loose copy.

He also found the Manual last year and sold it for $50 to the same guy who won the ebay auction.

Imo the game shouldn't sell for more than $300...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:41:19 pm by pceslayer »

soera

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:12:45 pm »
That is by far the hardest TG game to find.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 05:47:18 pm »
Why do you say that? I'm talking a loose copy.

He also found the Manual last year and sold it for $50 to the same guy who won the ebay auction.

Imo the game shouldn't sell for more than $300...

I agree! I dont think games in general should be as expensive as they are, it's kind of a double-edged sword for collectors

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »
I collect games because I want to own the games and don't look at the price tag as what its actually worth. I also never plan on selling my collection or parts of it... well maybe dupes...

amauriel

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 08:23:04 pm »
I collect games because I want to own the games and don't look at the price tag as what its actually worth. I also never plan on selling my collection or parts of it... well maybe dupes...

Right. I hate that some games have the values that they do, even ones in my collection, because games are entertainment and I want to either enjoy them or see others enjoy them. If we price games out of the attainability of the Average Joe, then we're either keeping them from enjoying games or driving them to emulation and pirating.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 08:53:52 pm »

Right. I hate that some games have the values that they do, even ones in my collection, because games are entertainment and I want to either enjoy them or see others enjoy them. If we price games out of the attainability of the Average Joe, then we're either keeping them from enjoying games or driving them to emulation and pirating.

Indeed. One of the games I've been looking for ever since I started collecting has been Little Samson, a truly amazing NES platformer... And it's also amongst the rarer games on the system.
As a result, I still don't have it. When I started collecting, I figured "95$? Screw that, I'll try to find a deal". Then, I started finding copies of the game (physically)... for 120$. A year later, I actually found more copies, physically... for 150$. Last month, a copy sold for 300$ on Ebay, so the value is probably gonna go up again. I have now accepted that I'll never own one of the games I want most, because people keep raising the value and it doesn't look like it's ever gonna go down unless the retro collecting boom ends and only the "real" collectors remain once the ones doing it "just to be cool" sell their collections.

You know what I wanna do? I want to get SUPER rich, buy ALL the rare games, then resell them... for stupidly low prices. I would totally destroy the whole retro game reselling business :P

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:48:03 pm »
Yeah there are a few games Id love to get for the NES that are more costly than they should be. Flintstones 2, Stadium Events, Jetsons, Bonks, Samson, Bubble Bobble 2 just a few.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »
Yeah there are a few games Id love to get for the NES that are more costly than they should be. Flintstones 2, Stadium Events, Jetsons, Bonks, Samson, Bubble Bobble 2 just a few.

Why would you include stadium events? I mean I know why... But it isn't even that great of a game and was re-released as World Class Track Meet.

amauriel

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »

Why would you include stadium events? I mean I know why... But it isn't even that great of a game and was re-released as World Class Track Meet.

I thought the same thing! I was like, um, I have that game...as World Class Track Meet. Don't care what the label says. But Bubble Bobble 2 and Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers 2 would be on my want list, and neither of them are going to be in my collection any time soon unless I get lucky.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »
Do I "want" Stadium Events? Hell no ... but I dont want 90% of the NES games. I just am interested in finishing the collection. My personal stuff is my PS1/DW stuff. :)

I actually dont hardly like any of the NES games anymore. :(

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 12:03:53 am »
Do I "want" Stadium Events? Hell no ... but I dont want 90% of the NES games. I just am interested in finishing the collection. My personal stuff is my PS1/DW stuff. :)

I actually dont hardly like any of the NES games anymore. :(
I'll take any games you don't like :D

soera

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 12:23:55 am »
 ;)