Author Topic: Movies or Shows you find odd but like  (Read 4323 times)

Movies or Shows you find odd but like
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:48:50 am »
Aside from odd movies/shows, if there's a "different" kind of movie/show you watch - feel free to post it!
Might give us some ideas about something else to watch.

TV Shows:
  • An idiot Abroad - Send an idiot across the world to laugh at him and find out how he manages.
  • Death Valley - Vulgar comedy about supernatural beings
  • Chuck - You've never seen a CIA agent like this!
  • Eureka - A town full of geniuses that almost end the world every day.
  • Warehouse 13 - Mysterious objects haunt people but nobody knows how they came to be.
  • Alphas - Gifted people that have abilities and form a team.
  • Being Human (US Version) - Vampire, Ghost, and Warewolf under the same roof.
  • Fringe - Olivia is the only thing common about all the supernatural things that happen.
  • Haven - A town of mystery.
  • Misfits - A vulgar new twist of super heroes.
  • Sanctuary - Always saving people from the outside world.
  • Teen Wolf [The new series] - Definitely a LOT different than the old Teen Wolf. Almost completely different but worth a watch!
  • X-Files - Need I say more?
  • Torchwood - If anybody likes Doctor Who, then give this a shot! Based on the same premises.
  • True Blood - Don't really watch this anymore but it was definitely different.
  • Weeds - Got kind of repetitive with the Mom always screwing up but used to be a good series about drug dealing.
  • Falling Skies - Not really odd but definitely worth checking out.
  • Walking Dead - Again, not really odd but to me it is... One of my fears are Zombies. I hate most zombie movies/shows but love AMC's The Walking Dead - its my all time favorite show. I can't turn away from the screen even for a second!

Some other movies that I find odd but will probably like.
  • The Amazing Spiderman - not bitten by spider?
  • The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - alien twist?
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

As you can tell - i'm more of a TV shows kind of person. Movies just don't cut it for me. I usually end up wanting more. That doesn't mean I don't watch them occasionally on the big screen. I keep an open mind and i'm always up to watch a new movie though.
Does anyone here use sidereel? I noticed they added a new feature that allows your friends to see each other's shows. They've probably had the feature for quite some time now but I never had a use for it.

What are YOU'RE weird, different, or ODD suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:31:49 pm by bugs181 »

htimreimer

Re: Movies or Shows you find odd but like
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:57:17 am »
is it odd that a 17 year old loves his antique roadshow

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:53 am »

A little.. but to each their own I always say. =p
The whole point of this thread. =D
Thanks for posting.

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:36:50 pm »
I think the quality has waned a little bit in the last season, but Misfits is one of the best shows no one has seen. Was very happy to see it here.

A strange one that I loved (also British) was "All The Small Things". It's about a church choir that, due to a strange set of twists, start singing popular music.  Maybe more of a sitcom than what you listed but very good.

I actually don't watch a lot of television, and when I do, it's usually while I'm doing something else. So I watch a lot of cartoons because they usually aren't too deep and I can follow them while only paying half attention. Favorites: My Little Pony, Darkwing Duck, (the original) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rescue Rangers, Futurama, Ducktales, Adventure Time, Fraggle Rock (not a cartoon but close enough), Invader Zim, The Real Ghostbusters, and Shaun the Sheep (and Wallace and Gromit).
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 01:37:58 pm »

Not any more than a 29-year-old that collects the My Little Ponies from the new show, I think.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »

Not any more than a 29-year-old that collects the My Little Ponies from the new show, I think.
you know every antique roadshow episode is in 3 parts and every part is one hour long and i have seen 3 season of this stuff .

my little ponies from the new show thats not all that odd you are just a toy collector plus i have see a 50 year old man that collects barbie dolls and a 26 year old man that collects female underwear and his oldest piece underwear is from 1833

soera

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:54:32 pm »
I dont have much to add other than the mention of the new TMNT ... As far as I know, the concept has been trashed (thank God).

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 03:21:24 pm »
GEM - Gringo En Mexico.

It's basically a show about an old American guy who travels through all of Mexico and South America, showing the local culture and most importantly, EATING EVERYTHING HE CAN.

It's sadly only available in Spanish but it'd definitely fit somewhere like A&E.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 03:31:31 pm »
I think the quality has waned a little bit in the last season, but Misfits is one of the best shows no one has seen. Was very happy to see it here.

Couldn't agree more! It should be noted that they could of done with a little less vulgarity, then again.. that's kind of what makes this show unique. I have to be honest - I havn't really seen much of the last season. I'll probably check that out pretty soon though.

A strange one that I loved (also British) was "All The Small Things". It's about a church choir that, due to a strange set of twists, start singing popular music.  Maybe more of a sitcom than what you listed but very good.

No doubt named after the song All The Small Things by Blink 182. I'll give this a go too. I'm always up to try something new for an adventure.

I actually don't watch a lot of television, and when I do, it's usually while I'm doing something else. So I watch a lot of cartoons because they usually aren't too deep and I can follow them while only paying half attention.

Very understandable. I don't blame you. Some shows/movies can be quite complex and hard to follow if you're not paying attention.

I dont have much to add other than the mention of the new TMNT ... As far as I know, the concept has been trashed (thank God).

I agree! I didn't hear about them tossing the new concept though. Probably for the best. The last I checked, from the words of Michael Bays, he had some pretty unique ideas with twists and was standing firmly behind the new layout. He was reassuring people that they would be entertained and he had it worked into the old concept somehow. Guess time will tell with this one. I am looking forward to watching the new The Amazing Spiderman when I get a chance.

It's basically a show about an old American guy who travels through all of Mexico and South America, showing the local culture and most importantly, EATING EVERYTHING HE CAN.

Basically sounds like a Spanish version of An Idiot Abroad.

Edited the first post, accidentally put Spiderman 3 instead of The Amazing Spider. What was I thinking?
Thanks again to everyone who stopped by to post.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:34:07 pm by bugs181 »

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 07:30:40 pm »
Basically sounds like a Spanish version of An Idiot Abroad.
Except GEM predates that show by three years.

http://unicable.tv/gem/
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-10-13-mexico_N.htm

The guy's quite famous in Mexico and South America. He's welcome pretty much everywhere. Too bad the show doesn't seem to be broadcast in the US.

http://youtu.be/03iwZr4FSDE

Watch a Gringo order some tacos!