Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32093 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2012, 09:56:13 am »
@Desocietas:

Though that game got many mixed-reviews (Radiata Stories, that is) I had a lot of fun w/ it.

Have you already played it?

Also, that guide will come in *VERY* helpful (*Especially* for recruitment aspects of the game:)

Now that I think about it...what/if any other RPG's have ever done this before?

(- meaning, having a branching/"choice"/"Point-of no return" about 1/2 way through the game, and then, depending upon your choice here, you will get 2 *Completely* *Different* story-lines...*NOT* just an extra/different boss or an additional area, or two...but completely different stories, endings, bosses, recruit-able characters & NPC's, Post-game content, etc...

Basically, you pick to play on the side of the monsters or the humans, and from there...*EVERYTHING* is different?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

urbanchaos

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2012, 11:09:10 am »
My girlfriend just bought me Black Ops (PS3), she also pre-ordered Black Ops 2 for my birthday, which gave me a double sided poster :) Pretty neat little thing!

soera

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:52 am »
Nothing for me to add here for a while. :(

desocietas

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »
@Desocietas:

Though that game got many mixed-reviews (Radiata Stories, that is) I had a lot of fun w/ it.

Have you already played it?

Also, that guide will come in *VERY* helpful (*Especially* for recruitment aspects of the game:)

Now that I think about it...what/if any other RPG's have ever done this before?

(- meaning, having a branching/"choice"/"Point-of no return" about 1/2 way through the game, and then, depending upon your choice here, you will get 2 *Completely* *Different* story-lines...*NOT* just an extra/different boss or an additional area, or two...but completely different stories, endings, bosses, recruit-able characters & NPC's, Post-game content, etc...

Basically, you pick to play on the side of the monsters or the humans, and from there...*EVERYTHING* is different?!

It looks like I rented Radiata Stories over 6 years ago (thanks for the timeline, Gamefly!) and really enjoyed it then, and yes, was pretty surprised when it came down that that crucial decision in the plot.  I don't really have strategy guides (this may be my first?), but I figured for games like these, it'll come in handy (and will help me avoid having to sift through GameFaqs for the same info and risking spoilers).

I'm looking forward to sitting down and playing it again soon, but I feel like I can't play any of my pre-gen consoles until I get my hands on a CRT tv again!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2012, 07:04:00 pm »
Not really a game, but if Foxhack can post his Tails cosplay, I can post this one:

I don't even like Halo, but @worthplaying (twitter) was giving it out for free... :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2012, 08:36:00 pm »
Wandered into the Sony section looking for (hoping for) a PSP memory card (no luck)

I've just used regular SD cards for my PSP... unless you're looking for a Sony branded one?

Hmm. I just assumed that it was some sort of proprietary memory stick. If it's a standard SD card, then I'll just go get one of those. I can't play my free PSP games from the whole "Here's free games, sorry PSN was hacked" debacle. since my current one is only 1GB...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »
Wandered into the Sony section looking for (hoping for) a PSP memory card (no luck)

I've just used regular SD cards for my PSP... unless you're looking for a Sony branded one?

Hmm. I just assumed that it was some sort of proprietary memory stick. If it's a standard SD card, then I'll just go get one of those. I can't play my free PSP games from the whole "Here's free games, sorry PSN was hacked" debacle. since my current one is only 1GB...
i dont think the psp has a  proprietary memory stick i think you are thinking of ps vita

jobocan

« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
Actually the PSP uses Memory Stick Duo Pro cards... unless you're weird and you have a PSP Go, which uses Memory Stick Micro M2.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:25:54 pm by jobocan »

scott

« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:38 pm »
Actually the PSP uses Memory Stick Duo Pro cards... unless you're weird and you have a PSP Go, which uses Memory Stick Micro M2.

That's what I thought. As far as it not being a standard SD card. I'll look in the camera section next time I hit the store.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2012, 11:57:44 pm »
Yeah, I just waited for a 16gb memory stick duo pro or whatever went on sale at Fry's and *bingo*... cheap way to save games.  The ones I've bought usually have a little thing on it that says it works for the PSP.  Was probably Sony branded, too, just not labeled exclusively for the PSP.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2012, 12:05:40 am »
Picked up a couple of things yesterday and today:

Gears 3 was $35
The Dreamcast extensions were $1.50 each
The arcade stick was $2
and the Colecovision was $7

This is the cleanest system that I have ever found

pacpix

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2012, 12:28:14 am »
That Colecovision is awesome!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2012, 02:12:30 am »
Whoa, that thing looks newer than it does in my nostalgic memories...  Nice!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2012, 10:49:16 am »
So today I went to do a round of garage sales. I found a whole lot of NOTHING! It was a total waste of time.

To mildly redeem this morning, I went to EBgames where they had special deals today, came out with the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition on 360 for 14$, and the Rift Collector's Edition for 2$ (it comes with an 8GB USB key and a mousepad, both of which  needed).
Never gonna play either of those (not into MMOs, and I already played through the superior PC version of DNF), but whatever :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2012, 10:56:09 am »

So today I went to do a round of garage sales. I found a whole lot of NOTHING! It was a total waste of time.

Story of my summer, so far  :'(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"