Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32093 times)

desocietas

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2012, 01:47:50 pm »
Just got back from a 11 day church retreat up in the Santa Cruz area and was able to hit the Capitola flea market, didn't find too much that wasn't way overpriced.
1. Fear Effect Strategy Guide - $.25
2. Playstation Controller - $.50 Little dirty but should clean up good
3. Super Puzzle Fighter II - $1
4. Keys of the Kingdom - $5 picked this one up at church retreat bookstore seems to be a Bible adventure Game.

Ah, I passed through Capitola this weekend and didn't know they were having a flea market!  I checked out Level Up but they didn't have much.  What they did have, they were charging proper prices for...  I guess that's the one nice thing about GS - they don't mark their prices up with research usually.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

atariboy

« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2012, 02:55:29 pm »
Is Level Up a game store in the area? I tried finding game stores in the area and GameStop was the only one that I found.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

desocietas

« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »
Is Level Up a game store in the area? I tried finding game stores in the area and GameStop was the only one that I found.

Level Up is in downtown Santa Cruz, I think... It's a nice shop (good amount of older games, cute displays, plushies, etc.), but yeah, they seem to be seriously lacking on game shops down on the central coast.  The GS in SC was super small and didn't carry any PS2 games.  They said the Capitola one did (which I forgot to go to), so I assume that one's bigger.  Otherwise, it's pretty few and far between down there until you come up north to the South Bay, where there are like 10 Gamestops within a 15 mile radius.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2012, 03:04:00 pm »
4. Keys of the Kingdom - $5 picked this one up at church retreat bookstore seems to be a Bible adventure Game.

Oh god. That logo... that awful awful logo.

That company published the Left Behind games... the horror. the horror

atariboy

« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2012, 03:12:04 pm »
I just did a google search on Level Up and found out I was 3 blocks from there, I was at Pizza My Heart, Loves me some Pizza.

Ya looks like they do a bunch of "Christian" games, and the LB Games is for Left Behind games.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:15:13 pm by atariboy »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2012, 03:39:35 pm »
Sticking w/ my recent theme of:

"Mountains of Meh-ness"...

I just picked-up 4 more PS3/NA games (all 4 for $15.00)

Condemned 2: Bloodshot C.I.B.,

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena C.I.B.,

Chaos: Shadow Warriors C.I.B.,  and...

Silent Hill: Homecoming C.I.B.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

blipcs76

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:38 pm »
My find of the week was Final Fantasy VII (original, not greatest hits) at a garage sale for $3.  It's missing the manual, but that's still a hell of a deal.  Other than that, I picked up a few common PS2 games for $1 each.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2012, 02:36:34 pm »
My find of the week was Final Fantasy VII (original, not greatest hits) at a garage sale for $3.  It's missing the manual, but that's still a hell of a deal.  Other than that, I picked up a few common PS2 games for $1 each.

That is an awesomely *GREAT* deal; no doubt  ;D

Btw - 'mis-print'???

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:07 pm »
*HOLY* SHIT!!!

Damn...I've actually just gotta' say it again; so...

*HOLY* FRICKIN' SHIT, BATMAN!!!

See, long ago there was a long-time friend of mine who borrowed 2 relatively inexpensive & commonplace games of mine (*At the Time*)...PS One times/games.

I'd forgotten about them for several years - until I noticed one day/on-line what they were worth in today's dollars...they were no longer very *Inexpensive* & *Commonplace*.

However, this poor friend of mine had/has been actively strung-out on heroin (& likely whatever else he could get his hands on) for many years.

Getting a little more personal & revealing than I normally do on an on-line site (I guess 'cause the overall tone & atmosphere of this community has made me feel pretty comfortable & welcome)...I was *very* empathetic & sympathetic towards him having overcome similar problems of my own after high school.

Actually, this was why I was so passionate & dedicated enough to work full-time (while going to school at the same time) in pursuing everything required to become an alcohol, drug, and gambling addiction counselor myself).

Now, nothing against the people who "book-learned" their way into the same field, but, I found that since the people we were working with/trying to help were much more receptive, open, and honest in dealing w/ me (and the others like myself who had personally experienced their problems) and extremely reluctant & reticent to work w/ the "school-only educated counselors".

Anyhow, I (severely:) digress  :-[

At any rate, this friend of mine has now been clean for close to two years and has re-engaged in talking to me again.

I would have never thought of bringing up the games, but, he called me a few days ago and told me to check my mail for the next few days, as he'd mailed my two old games back to me.

So, I receive his package & open it up expecting to see 2 games in pretty crappy condition
(-actually, I was *SHOCKED* that he hadn't sold them for money to get high with...

Whelp...it turns out that he *had* done *exactly* that (sold them for $ to get high with).

What I found enclosed in his big, padded envelope were...

...*SEALED*

copies of the 2 games that he'd borrowed...

(1).  TOMBA! (perfectly factory-sealed) and...

(2).  TALES OF DESTINY II (also, perfectly factory-sealed)!

(Both PS ONE / NA versions)...

Anyhow, seeing as I've already played both of these - and seeing the going rates for sealed copies of them now...I'm finding myself a bit reluctant to tear the wrap off of both of them to replay them...

8)

« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2012, 12:57:23 pm »
I absolutely love Tomba. Tales of Destiny II is pretty good too. They are extremely rare especially sealed. That sucks about your friend though. At least he is clean now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:00:55 pm by jaydepps »

soera

« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2012, 12:59:36 pm »
MMMMM sealed Tales of Destiny II .... you making my mouth water.

« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »
Good stuff disgaeniac! I actually picked up Tales of Destiny II yesterday, need to find some time to play it!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2012, 01:51:00 pm »
I absolutely love Tomba. Tales of Destiny II is pretty good too. They are extremely rare especially sealed. That sucks about your friend though. At least he is clean now.

Thanks!

I never had the chance to own/play Tomba 2 yet...how is it compared to the 1st one?

You're also correct about their rarity sealed...I'd imagine that, after buying both of them sealed to send me...his wallet probably fits into his back-pocket a lot easier than it did before XD
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:57:40 pm by disgaeniac »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »
Good stuff disgaeniac! I actually picked up Tales of Destiny II yesterday, need to find some time to play it!

Did you find that C.I.B.?
...out-in-the-wild?

Hmmmn...

Now I'll have to pray for a sealed copy of "The misadventures on Tron Bonne" to fall into my lap next  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2012, 01:55:40 pm »
MMMMM sealed Tales of Destiny II .... you making my mouth water.

Ha Ha!

Sorry, but this sealed baby *DEFINITELY* Does *NOT* qualify for the:

"PAY-IT-FORWARD" THREAD  :o