Author Topic: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread  (Read 162364 times)

90snostalga

Re: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2014, 01:02:23 pm »
Thanks Bob.  I do remember the manuals on the pay it forward but I swore someone claimed them.  I'll message you.  :)

90snostalga

« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2014, 01:05:14 pm »
Some things I am looking for:

*  Sega Master System Sega branded power adapter.  (I had one but I use it for my Famicom so I need another one for both)-Only want a Sega brand.  Too much bad experience with 3rd party ac adapters.

*  All the manuals and/or inserts for Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 for the nes.  I already have the games and the box for both games but none of the inserts

*  Probably wont have this.  I have the Gamecube game boy player (like everyone) but I just need the disc only if anyone has it

I can help you out a little with a few of these (info wise that is). SMS plug - There are two places that actually make their own plugs and they are pretty popular on Sega Age. The first is http://shop.gametrog.com/SEGA_c2.htm The second is http://retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155950 (this is where I got the plug for my CDX).

Dragon warrior inserts. The first game came with just C I B. There are other pieces that came with the Nintendo Power giveaway however and thats a silly gold tip sheet, the laminated adventure guide, and the explorer's handbook. The second game was CIB with a map but you can also find the Unveiled secrets guide but it tends to be costly.

You can find the disk for the GB player online fairly easy but its going to cost you $20-30. Personally I think its worth it. I have 3 GB player (one on each of my black/indigo/silver GC) and they are definitely one of the greatest pieces of the GC. :)

Thanks Soera.  I'll have to checkout those sites.  Per the Dragon Warrior stuff, so the first one's retail release was simply the game, box and manual.  The other stuff were extra's that came with a Nintendo Power magazine special?

scott

« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2014, 01:42:53 pm »
Sooooo I picked up a bunch of NES stuff from a friend of mine that was moving away. He had a bunch of games, most boxed, in pristine condition. Here's a picture of the boxed ones.

(Link to larger version http://imgur.com/YRDCbeo)

Unfortunately, I just went through all the boxes and not a single one had a manual with it. I'm shocked considering how well everything was taken care of. He has no idea where they went either as he bought them off someone else he knew a long time ago.

So with that, I feel like I have to complete these bad boys! Can anyone help me out with manuals and potentially anything else that came in them (i.e. posters) without breaking the bank? Here's a list of the games:

Amagon
Athletic World
Blades Of Steel
Bubble Bobble
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle
Burger Time
Castlevania
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
Cobra Command
Double Dragon (has the notice that tells you the score jumps around)
Double Dragon II
Elevator Action
Friday The 13th
Ghost's And Goblins X2
Godzilla
Gremlins 2
Jackel
Jaws
Kung Fu
Life Force
Mappy-Land
Marble Madness
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Monster Party
P.O.W.
Paperboy
Pinball
Rad Racer (already has the 3D glasses)
RC Pro-AM
Road Runner (Tengen Version If There's A Different One)
Solar Jetman
Street Fighter 2010
The Simpsons Bart Vs The Space Mutants
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Yo! Noid
Zelda 1
Zelda 2 Adventure Of Link

Thanks guys!

That's a nice haul there. You might want to hit up Matt, I think he had a bunch of extra manuals laying around.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

bobster

« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »
Some things I am looking for:

*  Sega Master System Sega branded power adapter.  (I had one but I use it for my Famicom so I need another one for both)-Only want a Sega brand.  Too much bad experience with 3rd party ac adapters.

*  All the manuals and/or inserts for Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 for the nes.  I already have the games and the box for both games but none of the inserts

*  Probably wont have this.  I have the Gamecube game boy player (like everyone) but I just need the disc only if anyone has it

I can help you out a little with a few of these (info wise that is). SMS plug - There are two places that actually make their own plugs and they are pretty popular on Sega Age. The first is http://shop.gametrog.com/SEGA_c2.htm The second is http://retrogamecave.com/#/shop/4577155950 (this is where I got the plug for my CDX).

Dragon warrior inserts. The first game came with just C I B. There are other pieces that came with the Nintendo Power giveaway however and thats a silly gold tip sheet, the laminated adventure guide, and the explorer's handbook. The second game was CIB with a map but you can also find the Unveiled secrets guide but it tends to be costly.

You can find the disk for the GB player online fairly easy but its going to cost you $20-30. Personally I think its worth it. I have 3 GB player (one on each of my black/indigo/silver GC) and they are definitely one of the greatest pieces of the GC. :)

Thanks Soera.  I'll have to checkout those sites.  Per the Dragon Warrior stuff, so the first one's retail release was simply the game, box and manual.  The other stuff were extra's that came with a Nintendo Power magazine special?
That's new to me too! I assumed all the maps and everything came with the game o.O.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

bobster

« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2014, 01:47:39 pm »
Sooooo I picked up a bunch of NES stuff from a friend of mine that was moving away. He had a bunch of games, most boxed, in pristine condition. Here's a picture of the boxed ones.

(Link to larger version http://imgur.com/YRDCbeo)

Unfortunately, I just went through all the boxes and not a single one had a manual with it. I'm shocked considering how well everything was taken care of. He has no idea where they went either as he bought them off someone else he knew a long time ago.

So with that, I feel like I have to complete these bad boys! Can anyone help me out with manuals and potentially anything else that came in them (i.e. posters) without breaking the bank? Here's a list of the games:

Amagon
Athletic World
Blades Of Steel
Bubble Bobble
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle
Burger Time
Castlevania
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
Cobra Command
Double Dragon (has the notice that tells you the score jumps around)
Double Dragon II
Elevator Action
Friday The 13th
Ghost's And Goblins X2
Godzilla
Gremlins 2
Jackel
Jaws
Kung Fu
Life Force
Mappy-Land
Marble Madness
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Monster Party
P.O.W.
Paperboy
Pinball
Rad Racer (already has the 3D glasses)
RC Pro-AM
Road Runner (Tengen Version If There's A Different One)
Solar Jetman
Street Fighter 2010
The Simpsons Bart Vs The Space Mutants
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Yo! Noid
Zelda 1
Zelda 2 Adventure Of Link

Thanks guys!

That's a nice haul there. You might want to hit up Matt, I think he had a bunch of extra manuals laying around.
Thanks Scott! I'll have to hit him up :D.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

soera

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2014, 03:30:23 pm »
Nope, DW1 was mapless. All the additional stuff came with a Nintendo power promotion (which is how I actually got my original copy of the game) and all that extra stuff was included. There was a map included with this issue (at the bottom of the page you can see a mini shot of it and the second picture is a 2 page little paper DQ text adventure that comes with the issue as well)

Dragon Warrior Text Adventure.

scott

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »
Man, I miss old Nintendo Power.

After the n64 came out it was never the same ever again. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2014, 05:28:17 pm »
Anyone have a cheap SNES AC Adapter? I can't find one locally and the only guy that seems to have one sells cheap knockoff versions that also work on the Genesis... and they don't fill me with confidence.

Edit: I think I'll also be in need of a second brick for a SNES copier I have lying around. I think. I need to dig for it...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:31:07 pm by foxhack »

90snostalga

« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2014, 06:29:41 am »
Nope, DW1 was mapless. All the additional stuff came with a Nintendo power promotion (which is how I actually got my original copy of the game) and all that extra stuff was included. There was a map included with this issue (at the bottom of the page you can see a mini shot of it and the second picture is a 2 page little paper DQ text adventure that comes with the issue as well)

Dragon Warrior Text Adventure.

Very cool stuff man.  So just to make sure I got this correct, and Maybe Bobster needs to verify as well, is the following correct?

*  Dragon Warrior 1 CIB contains only the cartridge, box and manual

*  Dragon Warrior 2 CIB contains only the cartridge, box, manual and map

Is this right?

soera

« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:59 am »
Yep.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2014, 09:53:10 am »
Yep.

Why you always gotta be so annoyingly, long-winded like that; bro?   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2014, 10:15:47 am »
Yep.

Excellent.  Now when I get that Dragon Warrior manual my Dragon warrior 1 is fully complete  :) 

soera

« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2014, 04:27:33 pm »
Yep.

Why you always gotta be so annoyingly, long-winded like that; bro?   :P

Sometimes!

anruiukimi

« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »
Anyone have an extra toaster-NES (preferably with the box, but not a requirement) with cords and controllers sitting around? I want to get one for my Dad, as he's been talking about playing some of his old games again. :) I'm watching some auctions, but I figure I'd ask.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2014, 01:28:04 pm »
Anyone have an extra toaster-NES (preferably with the box, but not a requirement) with cords and controllers sitting around? I want to get one for my Dad, as he's been talking about playing some of his old games again. :) I'm watching some auctions, but I figure I'd ask.

How much are you looking to spend?