Author Topic: What do you do to support your addiction??  (Read 9137 times)

Re: What do you do to support your addiction??
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 09:32:04 pm »
I am a geologist that works for a large oil company. If I could collect video games full time I would but the wife likes nice thing so I have to have a real job.  

madmax

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 08:47:10 pm »
I'm a student, ehehe. I have to be careful how much I buy. I'm more of a deal hunter though.

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 04:08:11 pm »
I run nightclubs, which is perfect since I have most of my days free to search for games and also gives me plenty of time to play. I also buy/sell/trade arcade games on the side, but that's mainly to fund only my arcade collecting habit, I don't really push to make a profit for other things, I just keep those extra dollars within that hobby of mine.

I'm kinda like @darko in that part of the enjoyment for me is tracking the games down and finding them at a good deal.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

forte

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »
I work for the Department of Defense, that pretty much covers anything I want to buy ^^

desocietas

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:00 pm »
I work for the Department of Defense, that pretty much covers anything I want to buy ^^

Awesome.  I think it's kinda funny that your collection seems to be focused heavily on robots :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 11:07:33 am »
I'm an LTL Truck Driver for Central Transport. Decent job, good hours and good pay. I was a network engineer, and carry a CCIE, but the market for IT people in my area is HORRIBLE. And no, I'm not moving, we like it too much.

My wife is a stay home mom. She and I are both into collecting games, and we are getting our kids into it as well, so it works out great. Its me that has another hobby that is more expensive. I'm a motorcycle junkie, with an obsession for building and racing sportbikes.

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 02:11:41 am »
I'm a Systems Administrator as well, been doing it for 11 years now.  I probably overdo it on the spending sometimes :P

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 08:27:36 pm »
I'm a SysAdmin (weird that there's so many of us) at a college.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 11:06:04 am »
@kirbysuperstar what college? if you don't mind me asking... I work for FSU.

darko

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 03:16:04 pm »
@pceslayer Going to the game today?

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 09:57:03 pm »
@kirbysuperstar what college? if you don't mind me asking... I work for FSU.

King's International College: http://www.kings.net.au/International_Site/index.shtml

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 11:33:08 am »
@pceslayer Going to the game today?

I had my kids all day so I didn't go... I'll be damned if im paying $125 for tickets students get for free anyway! lol

@kirbysuperstar I would have never guessed a college in australia in a million years... lol

darko

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 07:04:41 pm »

I had my kids all day so I didn't go... I'll be damned if im paying $125 for tickets students get for free anyway! lol

Well I usually get OU tickets for free because so many of my friends have season tickets (or rather, their families do). I totally understand. I wouldn't pay that much either. Honestly, with my setup at home it's almost better to watch them on TV anyway!

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:17 am »
i work as a night auditor for a hotel. i am able to support getting games by valuing them more than church and state

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 03:38:45 pm »
I'm a student. Oh, student loans, how I love you.