Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170860 times)

jcalder8

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 05:54:35 pm »
A fun activity is getting the phone number of someone who is selling a wii u way over priced and then relisting it for them on Christmas morning with a rather reasonable price.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:58 am »
A fun activity is getting the phone number of someone who is selling a wii u way over priced and then relisting it for them on Christmas morning with a rather reasonable price.

:o 8)

As for me, I was just looking through NIS America's "Holiday Sale".

Considering that I have just about everything by them that I want - I was surprised to find something to actually order!

I'd heard of it, didn't pay much attention (not having a 3DS), and forgot about it...

Anyhow, they were listing Cave Story for $29.99 (which, actually, seemed a bit *high* for a sale price); then again, I really don't know anything about how good/rare the game is...

At any rate, now having a 3DS (and always happy to buy from & support N1)...

...I applied my $15.00 gift-certificate towards it as well as the $5.00 gift-certificate (that JOBOCAN so kindly gave me)...and...voila!!!

A new/sealed game for $9.99 (free-shipping FTW, baby)...now *That's* more like a "Sale" price XD
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 12:31:13 am »
I have a couple of games coming from Ebay in the next week or 2.

Rayman Origin for the 360. Santa will be bringing this one to my son Christmas morning
Return of Double Dragon and Final Fight 2 both for the Super Famicom - $19 for the pair shipped. I have heard good things about the SF version of Double Dragon so I am looking forward to giving it a try :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 09:48:52 am »
More "waiting for" than "pre-ordered", but:

Me & CranberryRiddles (a 'silent-site-member' here - who I've known for a long time from other places); have been putting together a somewhat sizeable "order" (I'm buying/he's selling) of a bunch of games 'n' guides for close to a year now.

Turns out that once every November, his work brings him to my area.

So, to cut-out shipping costs, do a face-to-face transaction instead of anonymously through the mail, and really (for me, at least) I was pretty psyched about meeting someone irl that I've only known on-line for a long time...we decided to just meet-up and take care of everything while he was here for work...

...of course...SANDY fucked that up for us quite nicely >:(

At any rate, we should be completing the deal any day dow (him sending & me paying).  I guess that one way of looking at Sandy as a *GOOD* thing (other than the Toyota that I'd been trying to sell for months (w/ NO interest shown in it) for $8,000...being totaled-out by my insurance company for $11,000 (they even paid very quickly & towed it away pretty fast, too)) - would also be that this whole order (~$500 worth) will now be "Christmas-Listed" to my g/f & family rather than me paying for it out of my own pocket  ;)

Pretty psyched for the incoming/new items!

Feeling bad for whoever ends up doing all of the gift-wrapping for all of this...yep...my family's funny like that...even if someone already knows *exactly* what they're getting...they still bother taking the time to wrap it all up  :o

*Random* P.S.:

After towing away the totaled car - my insurance company asked me if I'd be interested in buying it back from them for $2,000?!

Anyone here work in insurance or knowledgeable enough about it that can explain to me why a company would pay me $11,000 to total the car...and then give me the option to buy it back (potentially re-selling it "again" for more) for $9,000 *LESS* than what they'd just paid?

It seems ridiculous to me :P

scott

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 05:57:46 pm »
Just put in a Pre-Order for Etrian Odyssey IV.

Gonna likely put in a pre-order at GameStop for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate here soon. Ya I know the pre-order bonus is super cheese ball. But it's calling my name!  :-[
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 06:28:46 pm »

Gonna likely put in a pre-order at GameStop for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate here soon. Ya I know the pre-order bonus is super cheese ball. But it's calling my name!  :-[

I think I got a shirt as a preorder bonus with the last Castlevania preorder I made. If you need it let me know.

desocietas

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 06:37:15 pm »

Thanks for the reminder! Just preordered a copy, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 10:25:25 pm »

I think I got a shirt as a preorder bonus with the last Castlevania preorder I made. If you need it let me know.

Really? For which game? I don't remember a shirt... hmm
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 02:16:36 am »
bestbuy.ca frequently has 5$ discounts on pre-orders, so I pre-order from them a lot (and sometimes they have badass coupons like 20% off pre-orders too). amazon.ca also does that sometimes, but I hate them so I don't order from them.

Anyways, I also pre-ordered Etrian Odyssey 4 today, can't wait to play it.

I also have pre-orders on:
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (my best buy order says I have the limited edition pre-ordered for only 47$ (I originally ordered the normal edition, but they seem to have made a mistake on every order for that particular item number), but I'm guessing they'll fix that... I did take a screenshot of it though and will complain if they change it back to the normal edition :P)
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate
Luigi's Mansion 2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (vita version, for 20$)
Bioshock: Infinite
Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition
Anarchy Reigns (though I might cancel that and switch it to Ebgames since that actually has the Bayonetta DLC and bestbuy.ca doesn't have the item in their inventory anymore so I'm confused about it all)

Gonna pre-order some more as soon as I see them popping up on websites.

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2012, 04:04:13 am »
bestbuy.ca frequently has 5$ discounts on pre-orders, so I pre-order from them a lot (and sometimes they have badass coupons like 20% off pre-orders too). amazon.ca also does that sometimes, but I hate them so I don't order from them.

For a while, Newegg was giving quite a few good deals on preorders of $10-15 off, but they haven't done it since October or so.  Was hoping I'd get another offer from them, but I guess I still have time in case they offer anything soon.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

vancha

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 02:21:15 pm »
The games i'll post another time

But, I just ordered a GameBoy Pocket (red) online, for my handheld collection :-)

ko1ru

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 06:47:46 pm »
I really want Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, but I no has a 3DS.  :(  Now that I know there's also a BlazBlue game out for it, I may have to pick one up at some point soon...

But, I now have Lords of Shadow 2 for 360 paid in full.  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:49:36 pm by ko1ru »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2012, 09:48:21 am »
So, I've been following the tracking/progress of the  ~30 pound box that CranberryRiddles (@Kimimi aka Junpei) sent me.

It reads like this:P

OH,
OH,
OH,
NJ,
NJ,
NJ (I live in NJ, by the way:),
MD,
MD,
MD,
NJ,
NJ

...W.T.F.?!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 01:28:27 pm »
Just pre-ordered some of the LE's of:  Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory (coming out ~the middle of March).

If anyone else is interested:

http://store.nisamerica.com/NeptuniaV-PS3-Limited-Edition

*EDIT* -

I also received my order from CranberryRiddles yesterday consisting of:

17 strategy guides,

2  Art-Books,

2 PS2 games, and

9  PSX Games...

...YaY!!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:31:50 pm by disgaeniac »