Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 169995 times)

abe

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #945 on: June 12, 2014, 10:32:34 pm »
I'm still trying to decide which games to pre-order right now. There are many that I know I will buy down the road, but which ones should I choose first? Amazon hasn't listed yet the SmMash Bros U bundle with the gamecube controller + adapter, I wonder if they will before their 30% off offer ends... :-\

Wait, I must have missed something - what 30% off offer?  ???

Amazon's been having a save up to 30% off deal during E3 for when you preorder 3 or more games. Future Shop/Best Buy has been having a sale like that as well for E3.

I found the info - the key piece you're leaving out is in Canada, eh?  :P

Canada only? ??? I never noticed. I just assumed it was for the US as well, since Canada's usually the one that's getting screwed over on prices for basically everything. :P Living in Canada can really suck sometimes. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #946 on: June 13, 2014, 01:54:42 am »
I pre-ordered 33 games during that sale

Ummm ... wow! I dont think Ive ever had more than 3 games at one time on pre-order and not sure I ever actually had 3.

argyle

« Reply #947 on: June 13, 2014, 02:42:06 am »
I'm still trying to decide which games to pre-order right now. There are many that I know I will buy down the road, but which ones should I choose first? Amazon hasn't listed yet the SmMash Bros U bundle with the gamecube controller + adapter, I wonder if they will before their 30% off offer ends... :-\

Amazon's been having a save up to 30% off deal during E3 for when you preorder 3 or more games. Future Shop/Best Buy has been having a sale like that as well for E3.

Canada only? ??? I never noticed. I just assumed it was for the US as well, since Canada's usually the one that's getting screwed over on prices for basically everything. :P Living in Canada can really suck sometimes. :(

In the US, BB changed up their Gamer's Club - members get 20% off of *every* new game they buy year-round.  And other deals stack with it, so they'll often offer a $10 Reward Zone cert as a preorder bonus (as they did on the 2 I preordered yesterday) that we'll get as well.  So $60 -20% = $48 - $10 back = $38.  If Amazon down here HAD been offering that deal, I would have only been interested for the games BB doesn't have that $10 bonus on anyway.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jobocan

« Reply #948 on: June 13, 2014, 07:52:00 am »
I pre-ordered 33 games during that sale

Ummm ... wow! I dont think Ive ever had more than 3 games at one time on pre-order and not sure I ever actually had 3.

I may have gone a bit crazy, but a lot of those are really games I want (some are games I'm not too excited for but might as well go for it since they're 30% off).

abe

« Reply #949 on: June 13, 2014, 09:18:41 am »

In the US, BB changed up their Gamer's Club - members get 20% off of *every* new game they buy year-round.  And other deals stack with it, so they'll often offer a $10 Reward Zone cert as a preorder bonus (as they did on the 2 I preordered yesterday) that we'll get as well.  So $60 -20% = $48 - $10 back = $38.  If Amazon down here HAD been offering that deal, I would have only been interested for the games BB doesn't have that $10 bonus on anyway.  ;)

Ouch, rubbing salt in the wound eh? :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #950 on: June 16, 2014, 10:15:34 pm »
currently
Smash bros -3DS
Smash Bros Deluxe -Wii U
Persona Q -3DS
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- -PS4
Hyrule Warriors -Wii U
Bayonetta 2 -Wii U
Batman Arkham Knight -PS4
Pier Solar HD -Dreamcast

« Reply #951 on: June 17, 2014, 06:33:36 pm »
Haven't dove in to the full batch of pre-orders I'm gonna get, but started seriously with Hyrule Warriors.  I had Battlefield Hardline pre-ordered, but I had let my fanboy take over for me with that, so I canceled it and put it onto Hyrule Warriors.  Was gonna do Dead Rising 3 on PC since that'll be out first, but it's not up for pre-order yet.  Eventually I'm gonna get Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros Deluxe package, might splurge on the collector's edition of Far Cry 4 just because, still deciding on Destiny, and will be pre-ordering Borderlands Pre-Sequel.  Pretty sure that's all I have to pre-order...

OH! Forgot about Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux! I'm pre-ordering those on Steam since if you own the original versions, you get both of the Redux games for essentially the price of 1.  Super in love with those games and can't wait to replay 2033 especially with the overhauled graphics and gameplay.

90snostalga

« Reply #952 on: June 17, 2014, 07:14:56 pm »
I'm sort of upset.  I put 5 bucks down on a pre-order at my local Gamestop for the Super Smash Bros. Wii U bundle which comes with the gamecube adapter and a "special edition smash bros" gamecube controller.  Looking at the controller on the Gamestop website (which was not available during the pre order), that controller is not appealing to me at all.  The individual Mario, Yoshi, Princess, etc. gamecube U controllers look so much better.  I feel like I have just wasted a pre-order when I could have gotten the game and the other controller  :( :( :( :'(

argyle

« Reply #953 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
Wasted a preorder?  ???  Why not just cancel it & move the $5 to the game by itself? 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #954 on: June 17, 2014, 09:40:16 pm »
I'm sort of upset.  I put 5 bucks down on a pre-order at my local Gamestop for the Super Smash Bros. Wii U bundle which comes with the gamecube adapter and a "special edition smash bros" gamecube controller.  Looking at the controller on the Gamestop website (which was not available during the pre order), that controller is not appealing to me at all.  The individual Mario, Yoshi, Princess, etc. gamecube U controllers look so much better.  I feel like I have just wasted a pre-order when I could have gotten the game and the other controller  :( :( :( :'(

Yeah just cancel your pre-order and move it to the regular version.  I hadn't see those other Gamecube controllers, but I see why you want them, they look pretty badass.  I might instead get the regular version of Smash and then pre-order the Mario controller.

90snostalga

« Reply #955 on: June 18, 2014, 06:40:48 am »

Yeah just cancel your pre-order and move it to the regular version.  I hadn't see those other Gamecube controllers, but I see why you want them, they look pretty badass.  I might instead get the regular version of Smash and then pre-order the Mario controller.

thanks guys. I didn't know you can cancel. I'll just do that instead. I would assume tho that Nintendo would have a better controller for the bundle but guess not.

karyann

« Reply #956 on: June 18, 2014, 07:25:50 am »
thanks guys. I didn't know you can cancel. I'll just do that instead. I would assume tho that Nintendo would have a better controller for the bundle but guess not.

Well, I like how the controller looks. Could have been better indeed, but I still like it!

bobster

« Reply #957 on: June 18, 2014, 08:33:39 am »
Just to clarify, those nicer gamecube controllers are Classic Pro controllers. They need to be tethered to a wiimote like you see in the pictures. I thought about getting one instead of the Wii U pro controller, but they're not the same. So for games that don't support the Classic Pro on the Wii U, those won't work.

I'm not sure if that's the case with the gamecube adapter or not.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #958 on: June 18, 2014, 09:09:55 am »
Those controllers DO look really sharp, but they're 3rd party right?  I've never heard of the company "PDP" - is their stuff any good? 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #959 on: June 18, 2014, 09:31:21 am »
Those controllers DO look really sharp, but they're 3rd party right?  I've never heard of the company "PDP" - is their stuff any good?

Have you heard of Pelican?  They're Pelican.  They've made third party stuff for years.  I haven't had much luck with third party stuff.  So I assume all of it is trash.  That outlook has worked for me so far. 

By the above logic: PDP = Pelican = trash