Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170868 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1155 on: October 08, 2014, 12:58:58 pm »
My local GS' newest *push,* that they've been annoying the hell outta' me with, is trying to sell me some kind of new "GS" credit card...is anybody/eveybody else getting this too?

My friend & GS manager told me that her store's expectation/quota is to sell 10 of these per day --but-- reality = that they're lucky to move 3-5 of em a day  :o

Absolutely not - they sent me an email about it and it said the starting APR is 27.9%! :o I need another cc like I need another hole in my head anyway, but yeesh - sounds like something to take advantage of younger people who don't have any credit built up yet.

eh, It's on par with other store credit cards, but with a little looking around you can find one with a much better APR I know my bank offers a much better one off the top of my head.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1156 on: October 08, 2014, 01:23:43 pm »
My local GS' newest *push,* that they've been annoying the hell outta' me with, is trying to sell me some kind of new "GS" credit card...is anybody/eveybody else getting this too?

My friend & GS manager told me that her store's expectation/quota is to sell 10 of these per day --but-- reality = that they're lucky to move 3-5 of em a day  :o

Absolutely not - they sent me an email about it and it said the starting APR is 27.9%! :o I need another cc like I need another hole in my head anyway, but yeesh - sounds like something to take advantage of younger people who don't have any credit built up yet.

:o

Haha!  (see bold-ed)

"getting this" = "getting" this push & annoyance too, I'm certainly NOT getting 1 of GS' credit cards...Discover + a Visa & MC do me just fine  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1157 on: October 08, 2014, 02:00:01 pm »
I've heard it.  They didn't push too hard.

I pre-ordered the Persona 3DS and game for my wife.  I like it when she tells me exactly what she wants for Christmas.

desocietas

« Reply #1158 on: October 08, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »

I pre-ordered the Persona 3DS and game for my wife.  I like it when she tells me exactly what she wants for Christmas.

I'm sure it's different for each store.  My bf wasn't told to push it heavily - just passively mention it to folks because it's so new.

It doesn't sound any different from something like a Target CC or anything else (only useable at their store and not as a regular credit card elsewhere), and the interest rate is awful, but it's not necessarily a bad thing to get for someone who has no credit or bad credit.  They gotta start somewhere if they wanna start creating a good CC history.

I actually would've considered getting it (because I buy so much from Gamestop), but at the moment, there are no perks to using it - no extra Powerup points, discounts, or anything.  Hopefully they'll have promotions associated with the card in the future that might make it worth it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1159 on: October 08, 2014, 03:41:20 pm »
I don't know if this affects anyone elses pre-order of the Smash Bros Controller Bundle, but it's been confirmed that the adapter and Gamecube controller will ONLY work for Smash Bros.  Kinda disappointing really. I was just getting it for kicks as another controller to have since I only have a pro controller, but only being able to use for Smash Bros kinda bums me out.  I might drop the bundle and go for just the standard game instead.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/turns_out_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_wont_be_compatible_with_other_wii_u_software

It's possible this turns out not to be true, but not really happy about it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1160 on: October 08, 2014, 03:54:37 pm »

I'm sure it's different for each store.  My bf wasn't told to push it heavily - just passively mention it to folks because it's so new.

It doesn't sound any different from something like a Target CC or anything else (only useable at their store and not as a regular credit card elsewhere), and the interest rate is awful, but it's not necessarily a bad thing to get for someone who has no credit or bad credit.  They gotta start somewhere if they wanna start creating a good CC history.

I actually would've considered getting it (because I buy so much from Gamestop), but at the moment, there are no perks to using it - no extra Powerup points, discounts, or anything.  Hopefully they'll have promotions associated with the card in the future that might make it worth it.

huh...I thought you got...I wanna say 15,000 Poweup points - even if you just apply, and never even use the card?

Are you sure it's not the same way on the left coast too, DESO?

spac316

« Reply #1161 on: October 08, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »
Pre-Ordered Smash Bros. for Wii U! So now that's two games in November...That and Halo Master Chief Collection. *Sigh* :-\

argyle

« Reply #1162 on: October 08, 2014, 05:04:07 pm »

huh...I thought you got...I wanna say 15,000 Poweup points - even if you just apply, and never even use the card?

Huh, I'd jump on that deal if so (and then never use the card :P). 

And I'm seriously thinking about canceling my Smash bundle after hearing that news about the GC controllers.  I don't really need another GC controller, I already have a ton - I was mainly getting it because I assumed the adapter would work with other games, at least VC stuff.  Downgrading would save me $35...heck, part of me wants to just cancel it completely for now.  I have no one to play it with anyway, so I don't know how long the single player would hold my interest.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2014, 05:20:55 pm »

Ah, you're right there:  https://www.gamestop.com/searchmerch/creditapplication

I was more interested in extra points for purchases, but nothing to really encourage spending, seems like.  But yeah, tempted to get it just for the points ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #1164 on: October 08, 2014, 11:23:16 pm »
My payment order from AmiAmi came in for Tale of Vesperia (Best of). I can't wait for it.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

karyann

« Reply #1165 on: October 09, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

I was more interested in extra points for purchases, but nothing to really encourage spending, seems like.  But yeah, tempted to get it just for the points ;)

Is it me, or they don't say at all what's different with the "day-1 card" ?  ???

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1166 on: October 09, 2014, 11:03:55 am »

Is it me, or they don't say at all what's different with the "day-1 card" ?  ???

The online application had a "click on for more info" for that...somewhere  :P

desocietas

« Reply #1167 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »
Yep, clicking on the more info link gets you this popup:

It actually looks pretty neat - I might sign up for it just for the helluvit :P
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1168 on: October 09, 2014, 02:02:31 pm »
They just sent me a pre-approval notice via email.  :P  So I may pick the thing up from one of my favorite GS employees so I'll boost their #'s & get the PUR points.  ;)  Then put it away in a drawer somewhere. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #1169 on: October 09, 2014, 03:24:21 pm »
Yep, clicking on the more info link gets you this popup:

It actually looks pretty neat - I might sign up for it just for the helluvit :P

Yeah, I saw that, but "experience many benefits" doesn't tell me much about what is supposed to be cool about it haha  :P  I wonder if they'll tell more about it soon.