Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171098 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1245 on: February 06, 2015, 03:31:02 pm »
iirc, FF XII did that with its 1st print run; coming in a steel case + including an extra bonus DVD...

Also, to plant a little seed of hope for Persona 5, there IS a precedent -

My copy of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1), also included such a bonus disc ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #1246 on: February 06, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »
iirc, FF XII did that with its 1st print run; coming in a steel case + including an extra bonus DVD...

Also, to plant a little seed of hope for Persona 5, there IS a precedent -

My copy of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1), also included such a bonus disc ;)

Idk we'll see I guess
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1247 on: February 06, 2015, 04:21:17 pm »
Pre-ordered my regular Black New 3DS since I could get it for 55 bucks off the price.  Still bummed I can't get the Majora's Mask one, but oh well.  Should get both that and my limited edition Majora's Mask sometime the week after next.

desocietas

« Reply #1248 on: February 06, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »
Pre-ordered my regular Black New 3DS since I could get it for 55 bucks off the price.  Still bummed I can't get the Majora's Mask one, but oh well.  Should get both that and my limited edition Majora's Mask sometime the week after next.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I wasn't crazy about the colors being offered, but I keep telling myself that it's going to get modded anyway, and I have to let it go.  Thankfully we were able to get one of the MM CEs as well, and we'll be anxiously awaiting the Monster Hunter 4U CEs.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1249 on: February 06, 2015, 06:04:01 pm »

I'm in the same boat as you.  I wasn't crazy about the colors being offered, but I keep telling myself that it's going to get modded anyway, and I have to let it go.  Thankfully we were able to get one of the MM CEs as well, and we'll be anxiously awaiting the Monster Hunter 4U CEs.

I was almost tempted to just wait awhile to see if a new bundle would come out, like a Xenoblades one or something, but there's no telling when one will show up and there's a few games I want in the next couple months.  Kinda the first time I've been hyped for the 3DS so far lol

desocietas

« Reply #1250 on: February 06, 2015, 06:21:12 pm »

I was almost tempted to just wait awhile to see if a new bundle would come out, like a Xenoblades one or something, but there's no telling when one will show up and there's a few games I want in the next couple months.  Kinda the first time I've been hyped for the 3DS so far lol

Same here! Part of me wanted to hold out, but my reasoning was that I wouldn't want to mod a limited edition console anyway.  But yeah, if I weren't planning on getting it modded, I would've felt even *more* conflicted.  But I did really want to play Monster Hunter since it'll be my first one.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #1251 on: February 06, 2015, 06:27:02 pm »

Same here! Part of me wanted to hold out, but my reasoning was that I wouldn't want to mod a limited edition console anyway.  But yeah, if I weren't planning on getting it modded, I would've felt even *more* conflicted.  But I did really want to play Monster Hunter since it'll be my first one.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of mods will you be doing on your New 3DS? Some kind of video-out mod for streaming?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #1252 on: February 06, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of mods will you be doing on your New 3DS? Some kind of video-out mod for streaming?

I don't mind at all!  Just sending it out to be modded so that it will have a video-out for streaming, exactly as you said.  It'll be a while before it happens - I prefer one of the two modders who are offering the service, and the one I prefer is still designing the board.  Usually part of the case is cut to allow for access to the video-out, so modding a limited edition New 3DS XL would almost feel like treason.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #1253 on: February 06, 2015, 06:58:33 pm »

I don't mind at all!  Just sending it out to be modded so that it will have a video-out for streaming, exactly as you said.  It'll be a while before it happens - I prefer one of the two modders who are offering the service, and the one I prefer is still designing the board.  Usually part of the case is cut to allow for access to the video-out, so modding a limited edition New 3DS XL would almost feel like treason.

Sounds cool. Do your preferred modders happen to have websites for their services? It's not something I'd have done any time soon, but it's an interesting idea for something to do down the road. I'm assuming that the video output goes to your PC, yes? It sounds cool to be able to output 3DS games to a TV from a PC. :D

I don't think I'd want to have a limited edition New 3DS modded either, especially with how much harder they are to get a hold of lately with all the scalpers and whatnot.

desocietas

« Reply #1254 on: February 06, 2015, 07:45:35 pm »

Sounds cool. Do your preferred modders happen to have websites for their services? It's not something I'd have done any time soon, but it's an interesting idea for something to do down the road. I'm assuming that the video output goes to your PC, yes? It sounds cool to be able to output 3DS games to a TV from a PC. :D

I don't think I'd want to have a limited edition New 3DS modded either, especially with how much harder they are to get a hold of lately with all the scalpers and whatnot.

Yup, the two modders you'll usually see named off when people talk about 3DS modding is Loopy (3dscapture.com) and Katsukity (3dsvideocapture.com).  They're often mistaken for each other (as you can tell by the URLs), but the big thing is that folks usually care about is that Loopy is US-based while Katsukity is Japan-based, and Katsukity offers a lot more in regard to what systems they will mod.  Loopy currently only does DS and 3DS (non-XL, non-New) but is currently working on the XL boards and the New 3DS XL.  He also just put up the mod (for self-install only) for people to plug in various controllers into their 2DS/3DS/3DS XL.

You should expect to pay about $200-$250 for the installation of a capture card into your 3DS, though he hasn't put any prices up yet.  I have a DS modded from him, and that only cost $75.  No telling if the regular 3DS capture card will also go down in price.

The video output goes to your PC, so you can play 3DS/DS games on your computer monitor.  It works great for my modded DS!  The original DS's screen is pretty terrible compared to a 24" computer monitor, ha.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #1255 on: February 06, 2015, 07:50:47 pm »

Yup, the two modders you'll usually see named off when people talk about 3DS modding is Loopy (3dscapture.com) and Katsukity (3dsvideocapture.com).  They're often mistaken for each other (as you can tell by the URLs), but the big thing is that folks usually care about is that Loopy is US-based while Katsukity is Japan-based, and Katsukity offers a lot more in regard to what systems they will mod.  Loopy currently only does DS and 3DS (non-XL, non-New) but is currently working on the XL boards and the New 3DS XL.  He also just put up the mod (for self-install only) for people to plug in various controllers into their 2DS/3DS/3DS XL.

You should expect to pay about $200-$250 for the installation of a capture card into your 3DS, though he hasn't put any prices up yet.  I have a DS modded from him, and that only cost $75.  No telling if the regular 3DS capture card will also go down in price.

The video output goes to your PC, so you can play 3DS/DS games on your computer monitor.  It works great for my modded DS!  The original DS's screen is pretty terrible compared to a 24" computer monitor, ha.

Awesome, thanks for the info. :D

« Reply #1256 on: February 10, 2015, 09:26:42 pm »
Put my pre-order in for Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy LE. The Famitsu review wasn't stellar, but I dig the art style and it's a dungeon crawler, so I figure it can't be too bad.

Still chomping at the bit for Persona 5 to go up for pre-order, though *twitch*

desocietas

« Reply #1257 on: February 10, 2015, 09:30:07 pm »
Put my pre-order in for Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy LE. The Famitsu review wasn't stellar, but I dig the art style and it's a dungeon crawler, so I figure it can't be too bad.

Still chomping at the bit for Persona 5 to go up for pre-order, though *twitch*

Good to know about Operation Abyss; I saw that email from NISA and was curious. And seriously, PERSONAAAAA5.

So glad to see you back on your feet with the collecting game - we missed you!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1258 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:20 pm »
Good to know about Operation Abyss; I saw that email from NISA and was curious. And seriously, PERSONAAAAA5.

I still need to go back and grab it, but it's from the same doods that did Demon Gaze, if that tells you anything.

And yes, SO glad to be back on my feet - in every respect. 2014 was a rough one, but I took a gamble and for once in a rare while, it paid off! Time to catch up on everything I've missed - I've had to be satisfied living vicariously through you, Scott, Kimimi, and pac_pix :D

pacpix

« Reply #1259 on: February 11, 2015, 12:17:30 am »

I still need to go back and grab it, but it's from the same doods that did Demon Gaze, if that tells you anything.

And yes, SO glad to be back on my feet - in every respect. 2014 was a rough one, but I took a gamble and for once in a rare while, it paid off! Time to catch up on everything I've missed - I've had to be satisfied living vicariously through you, Scott, Kimimi, and pac_pix :D

Happy to see you active on the forums again  :) 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)