Author Topic: Wii U, who's getting it?  (Read 11439 times)

Re: Wii U, who's getting it?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:14 am »
I'll get one in a year or two once the price drops and there are other console colors. I seriously can't see myself paying $400 on a gimmick with not many games. I agree with Foxhack as well, Nintendo needs to pick up their shit.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 10:00:02 am »
Honestly, at this point, I'm not interested in it at all.

I'm gonna' sit this launch out and watch from the bleachers for awhile.

I mean, I haven't bought a Vita thanks to a lack of games that I want (and thanks to more of Sony's "proprietary" bullshit); although I absolutely love the power & potential of the system.

I haven't bought a 3DS because, well...if I got 1 at launch...I'd have been *pissed* at the big price-drop (20 free games that I don't own/can't touch be damned) ---and--- I'd have been equally pissed looking at/playing on my "Mini-3DS" once the 3DS-XL came out.
What's next...the 3DS-XXL?
 :o

The last & only system that I bought day-one (well; since the 2600, that is) was the PS3.

Yeah, the $600 tag *was* high -but- I feel it was worth it seeing that (in addition to my working "Slim" PS3); I
also still have my *working*, launch 60 Gig. (later upgraded to 500 Gigs). that will play all of my PS1, PS2, and PS3 games :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 10:03:32 am »
I just heard that walmart is doing in store preorders today through their layaway system.  I don't have any specifics, but I'm going to head over there and see what is going on.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

jobocan

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 11:31:19 am »
I never heard of wal-mart doing pre-orders... Going there was my plan if I hadn't gotten a hold of a pre-order. Guess it's a good thing I pre-ordered from best buy minutes after they started :P

tpugmire

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 11:59:36 am »
Well, I got a preorder.  The employee found out about the preorder from me, literally minutes before the manager told her.  Not the most organized bunch, but at least I got it done.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 02:30:42 pm »
It seems lately I've wanted consoles for just a single game.
I want a Vita for Project Diva f, and I want a Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
This is the first MH game we've gotten since Tri, so, hell yes I am going to buy a Wii U.

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 04:27:25 pm »
ever since the n64 ive gotten nintendo systems at launch. (check my profile, im trying to make the ultimate nintendo collection)
wii u will be no exception. this thing is gonna rule. im much more hyped for this than i was for the wii

blipcs76

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 10:02:52 am »
According to wiiudaily.com, Best Buy stores will have WiiU kiosks in store starting tomorrow (Wed, Oct 17th), in case anyone wants to try it out.

zing

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 12:51:05 pm »
I can't bring myself to pay $465 (after tax) for the system plus the only game that interests me (NSMB).

I'm going to wait until there is at least two games I want. :D Plus, I want the system in white without being ripped off.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 12:57:36 pm »
I can't bring myself to pay $465 (after tax) for the system plus the only game that interests me (NSMB).

I had no idea what its launch price was gonna' be, but, almost $500 (after tax) is certainly higher than I would have expected.

What all is included at that price?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

blipcs76

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 01:33:50 pm »

I'm going to wait until there is at least two games I want. :D Plus, I want the system in white without being ripped off.

I'd just get the white one and add an external HD if storage is your deal.  For $70, you can get 500GB right now.  I'm not interested in Nintendoland or the stand, so that's the way I'd go if I was getting one on day one. 

Actually, I don't really DL games anyway, so I won't really need a bigger hard drive.  Heck, my 360 only has 8GB (the same as the white WiiU) and I still have several gigs free on it.

jobocan

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 05:56:53 pm »
I had no idea what its launch price was gonna' be, but, almost $500 (after tax) is certainly higher than I would have expected.

What all is included at that price?!

Well, 350$ for the deluxe version, which includes Nintendo Land, 32GB of storage, discounts on the Nintendo Network, and a bunch of stands for controllers and stuff. Plus 60$ for NSMBU... probably gets pretty close to 465$ with the tax.

On another note, Nintendo are doing some canadian tour thing for the Wii U, and for once one of these is passing through the country's capital (Ottawa) so I'll be able to try it out before it comes out, probably on November 1st.

zing

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 06:33:03 pm »
Even if you don't get the "deluxe" version, that is still $400 after tax just to play a single game.

I enjoy my Wii. I bought it two years after release thanks to Super Mario Galaxy. Looking over my collection, I see seven games I would buy again if I had to. That's approximately one game per year. I have no interest in modern games, but Nintendo's first/second-party games are still enjoyable. Maybe by this time next year, they will have their second game ready for release.

desocietas

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 12:45:14 pm »
On another note, Nintendo are doing some canadian tour thing for the Wii U, and for once one of these is passing through the country's capital (Ottawa) so I'll be able to try it out before it comes out, probably on November 1st.

I went to a preview event (possibly the same sort of tour), and even though it was cool to see and try it in action, I'm still not completely sold on it.  But hey, you should go and let us know what you think if you can!

Honestly, I was hoping for more schwag.  They just gave us one cookie and maybe a small plushie if you were lucky.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 05:59:13 pm »
Honestly, I was hoping for more schwag.  They just gave us one cookie and maybe a small plushie if you were lucky.

I only know I'm getting a t-shirt, no idea if there may be more swag there. I just want to confirm whether or not the new controller is comfortable.