Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 92601 times)

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2014, 07:10:27 pm »
It was a "Best Of" kind of day at the thrift shop.

Also two days back, I was at the Salvation Army and found this for practically nothing.  It is pretty much just the shell, no accessories and the only thing inside is the middle platform, but was just one of those things I figured I'd grab even if I'm not a He-Man fan or anything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2014, 07:22:51 pm »
It was a "Best Of" kind of day at the thrift shop.

Also two days back, I was at the Salvation Army and found this for practically nothing.  It is pretty much just the shell, no accessories and the only thing inside is the middle platform, but was just one of those things I figured I'd grab even if I'm not a He-Man fan or anything.

Fan-fucking-tastic! All 4 are awesome CDs! And that Castle Grayskull probably makes for one bad-ass nick-nack in your house! Congrats man!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #497 on: August 13, 2014, 07:23:04 pm »

There was no comics in my box this week. So I went to Barnes & Noble and picked this guy up, instead. I've picked it about 20 times and put it back on the shelf, so it's cool I finally got it. The reason I've done that so many times is because it has a $20 price tag, but it is really thick and has a lot of content. It also feels like a better quality paper and cover than your average magazine, too. So it's worth $20, I think.

I haven't actually read it yet, just wanted to share what I got on here.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2014, 08:35:16 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2014, 08:35:10 pm »
Good finds at Goodwill today:

« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2014, 06:03:14 pm »
There's actually a few albums coming up I'm looking to get, but with that leadup, I totally forgot that Accept's new albums was out this month and for the heck of it, I also grabbed Dragonforce's new album.  Haven't listened to Blind Rage yet, but getting into DF's new album, it's not bad.  I actually generally like their newer stuff with the new singer.  It's still very similar, but they are mixing into some new ideas and most of their songs are under 5 minutes so at least they don't drag too long.

I forgot that the new DragonForce album might have one of the best/worst covers for Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash lol

I'm no cover purist, I think covers are better when they interject more of the bands own style and maybe mix them up, but I can't tell if I feel they went too far or just right by making it a pure power metal song lol  It makes for an epic power metal tune, but short of the lyrics and some small bits, it's almost unrecognizable.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:11:03 pm by kamikazekeeg »

thecrypticodor

« Reply #501 on: August 25, 2014, 10:44:58 pm »
I picked a few albums recently.

I found a copy of Samhain's Unholy Passion today at a record shop for $10. Which is a pretty good deal as most Samhain stuff is out of print and usually goes for three times that online.
For those who may be unaware Samhain was a band Danzig formed in between the Misfits and his solo career.  As you can see I digitally blacked out the naughty bits in the photo as I'm not sure whether it would fly here if I posted it in it's full uncensored glory.  ;D

Judas Priest Stained Class was $2.99 at a goodwill.

I also got Mercyful Fate's Into the Unkown and Rush's lasted album Clockwork Angels both from Amazon. I have no ideal why I waited two years to get Clockwork Angels I'm actually a huge Rush fan and have everything they've done and this album in particular is amazing. The best album they've have done since the 80's.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:52:01 pm by thecrypticodor »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #502 on: August 25, 2014, 11:02:44 pm »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #503 on: August 26, 2014, 08:38:10 pm »

I got to ask about Way of the Fist, is that how it's suppose to look the inside the booklet is perfectly normal it just looks like they forgot to add the black ink to the cover of it. if it's an error I've never seen it before.
left to right
Rage against the Machine
Jane's Addiction - Strays
Five Finger Death Punch - Way of the Fist
the Blues Brothers - Briefcase full of Blues
King Diamond - "them"/Conspiracy
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Jane's Addiction - Ritual de la Habitual
Static-X - Wisconsin Death Trip
Blues Brothers soundtrack
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dreams
Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
Lacuna Coil - Comalies
Gus G. I AM THE FIRE

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »
Static-X - Wisconsin Death Trip

Eww..."Love Dump".

« Reply #505 on: August 26, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »
King Diamond - "them"/Conspiracy
Blues Brothers soundtrack
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Gus G. I AM THE FIRE

Good stuff :D

Warmsignal

« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2014, 12:02:30 am »
I picked up 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie. This album was fairly interesting, but damn this band sucks nowadays. I don't know what they're thinking anymore, but what they do now is not good, not even for electronica / pop.

pacpix

« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2014, 02:14:38 am »
I picked up 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie. This album was fairly interesting, but damn this band sucks nowadays. I don't know what they're thinking anymore, but what they do now is not good, not even for electronica / pop.
Used to listen to that album a lot when I was younger.  I was surprised to see how they changed when I heard one of their new songs on the radio.  I would not have known who it was if the radio broadcasters had not said the band name.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

90snostalga

« Reply #508 on: September 01, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »
Just added to my cartoon VHS collection!  All 99 cent from Good will.  A bunch of Ren and Stimpys (one is still brand new factory sealed), a Rugrats, and a Powerpuff Girls tape!   :D  I'm very happy to add these to my cartoon tapes collection

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #509 on: September 01, 2014, 07:22:01 pm »
Just added to my cartoon VHS collection!  All 99 cent from Good will.  A bunch of Ren and Stimpys (one is still brand new factory sealed), a Rugrats, and a Powerpuff Girls tape!   :D  I'm very happy to add these to my cartoon tapes collection

I really want to get ren and stimpy on DVD but I hear there are censorship issues with the DVD so I'm very cautious about getting them