Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89837 times)

scott

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »
Found DuckTales Vol. 1 on DVD today. I had to pick it up. Only, it doesn't have episodes 1-5 on it? It starts off with episode 6 but is labels ep 1-27?

Apparently they moved episodes 1-5 to Vol 2, which causes me to scratch my head.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2013, 08:50:36 pm »
I've seen some cartoon DVDs doing weird stuff like that. I think the TMNT DVDs are notorious for having episodes being in later sets or in wrong order or episodes just plain being skipped and such.

sin2beta

« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »
Some things are weird on episode order. The Star Trek TOS DVD set have the episodes in order of airdate which is not sequential to the story. I wonder if the cartoon DVDs are like that as well.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

blipcs76

« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2013, 02:24:38 pm »
Picked up Chronicle and Under Siege/Under Siege 2 blu-rays for $2 each recently.  Chronicle was pretty decent.  I haven't seen Under Siege since the 90's, so it should be fun to revisit those movies.

scott

« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2013, 11:00:11 pm »
I love me some hardcover books. I stopped by Barnes and Noble this weekend and picked these up. They were all on sale and I've actually never read any HP Lovecraft, or Frankenstein. Dracula, was a must have though. I have it in paperback, but that book looks so freaking cool.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2013, 04:35:04 pm »
Just picked up "13" (the new Black Sabbath CD) -and- upon popping it into my cd player in my car for the ride home from the store, I was pleasantly surprised to hear it sounding distinctly like *Sabbath* instead of *Re-union of OZZY + old band-mates* :)

Wtf, though...$16.99 for *8* songs  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2013, 06:01:01 pm »

Ha. What about Pink Floyd's Wish you Were Here? I remember passing on it when I was younger because it was $15 for 5 songs.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2013, 07:13:36 pm »
I love me some hardcover books. I stopped by Barnes and Noble this weekend and picked these up. They were all on sale and I've actually never read any HP Lovecraft, or Frankenstein. Dracula, was a must have though. I have it in paperback, but that book looks so freaking cool.

Those really do look cool.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2013, 07:36:38 pm »
Just picked up "13" (the new Black Sabbath CD) -and- upon popping it into my cd player in my car for the ride home from the store, I was pleasantly surprised to hear it sounding distinctly like *Sabbath* instead of *Re-union of OZZY + old band-mates* :)

Did you get it at Hot Topic or someplace like that?

I only ask because I stumbled in there the last week saw it there and was going to get it until I turned it over and saw that price and said fuck that... then bought the deluxe version on amazon for a little less

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2013, 08:39:24 am »

I only ask because I stumbled in there the last week saw it there and was going to get it until I turned it over and saw that price and said fuck that... then bought the deluxe version on amazon for a little less

Nah.

I just happened to see it while I was in Walmart -and- bought it for their $16.99 list price...what else did ya get w/ the Deluxe-edition?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2013, 07:03:07 pm »

Nah.

I just happened to see it while I was in Walmart -and- bought it for their $16.99 list price...what else did ya get w/ the Deluxe-edition?

Really? the one I tend to go to had the Standard version for $11.88
waiting for it to come in but it had Amazon's Autorip feature so I already got the songs but there are 3 extra songs "Methademic", "Peace of Mind", and "Pariah"
"Deluxe Album, 3 bonus audio tracks. 11 tracks total.6 panel softpak with 3 pockets and a lenticular cover."
...might post pictures when I get it

sin2beta

« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2013, 08:03:23 pm »
Recently picked up X-men vol 1 #27 for $12. I'm getting further along in my quest for the original 66 issues of X-Men (allowing reprints for first 12 issues).

Also picked up Saucer Country Volume 1 as a Trade Paperback.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2013, 10:47:32 pm »

they look amazing.
bram stokers dracula is one of my faves. my first date with my wife we went to whitby abbey.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56:12 am »

Nah.

Really? the one I tend to go to had the Standard version for $11.88
waiting for it to come in but it had Amazon's Autorip feature so I already got the songs but there are 3 extra songs "Methademic", "Peace of Mind", and "Pariah"
"Deluxe Album, 3 bonus audio tracks. 11 tracks total.6 panel softpak with 3 pockets and a lenticular cover."
...might post pictures when I get it

Hah!

Apparently, there's (2) different "deluxe" editions...The one I have/bought is what you just described...w/ those 3 'extra' tracks.

It seems that there's also a "Best Buy" special edition that comes w/ yet another (4th) track - called "naievete in black".

Fucking shit seems too much like god damned DLC now  >:(

foxhack

« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2013, 08:44:03 pm »
I picked all these up last Tuesday:

All were $1 each. The Devil Bat, Shogun's Ninja, Legend of the Eight Samurai and Hellblock 13 were sealed.