Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89922 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2013, 07:56:24 pm »

Check out what came with my order of comics! How cool is that?!

It's a little rough, but I'm not gonna complain. I paid $1 for it. And it's cool to just go back in time and see where all that kind of stuff was back then. They just don't make magazines this cool anymore.

scott

« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2013, 08:38:10 am »
That's pretty sweet. I've been wanting to watch the original Conan for a while.

This weekend while I was out getting paint for the kitchen, I stopped into Barnes and Noble to look around. I ended up walking out with these.

That Jurassic Park book looks sweet and I've never finished it. And since I can't find my paperback books of them, this serves two purposes.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:41:06 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2013, 02:48:52 pm »
I picked up the scream factory release of Prince of Darkness the other day, probably my favorite Carpenter movie, (or at least incredibly close to the Thing). I love the movie, but my wife hated it, haha.

jobocan

« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2013, 08:58:06 pm »
I think I need to stop buying board games.

Just got:
Dungeon Twister the Card Game
Scotland Yard
Summoner Wars Master Set
The Manhattan Project
Suburbia
Takenoko

Sadly the copy of Takenoko is missing all the objective cards, but I emailed the publisher and I assume they'll send those over to me.

So here's the collection right now:

I moved some stuff around since I was starting to not have space anymore, so there's some games out of the frame (and my abstract games are in a different place like the other picture).

blipcs76

« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »
No game pickups this weekend, but I did manage to grab Smallville season 5 & 6 from a garage sale for $2 each.  I already had 1-4, so this was a great find.

foxhack

« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »
My supermarket was clearancing out the 10 peso DVDs for 4 pesos each, so I grabbed a ton of these. Here's the original English titles:

Cold Blooded
Ghost Dad
Factory Girl
Freeway
You Kill Me
Lies and Deceit
The Trouble with Dee
Sneakers
Biloxi Blues
Deuces Wild
Night Watch

I also got a bunch of extra copies of Moment by Moment and Cool as Ice for reselling. ^^;

jobocan

« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2013, 11:47:18 pm »
I think I'm getting close to slowing down on this board game buying thing. Looking at my wishlist, there's very little left in my "must-have" section, and I'm planning on thinning out the rest of said list.

That said, my parents "gave" me 150$ for my birthday (see: made me pay less for rent) and told me to spend it on games instead. So I picked up:

Small World
Trains
Lords of Waterdeep: Scoundrels of Skullport expansion
King of Tokyo limited time Halloween expansion
Summoner Wars Phoenix Elves vs Tundra Orcs 2-player set (just to add to my master set)

Some pretty cool stuff.

scott

« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:20 pm »
Oh Small World is good! Nice pick ups all around.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2013, 07:27:38 pm »
Oh Small World is good! Nice pick ups all around.

Yeah I played Small World a couple times, it's pretty enjoyable, especially in repeated runs since you get different races. Eventually I'll grab some expansions, since I THINK they're all compatible.

If you like Small World, you should check out Evo (http://boardgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Evo-200x200.jpg). It's by the same designer. Sort of similar (area control) but it's rather brutal since every turn different spots on the board kill you just for being on them. And it uses an auction system to upgrade your dinosaurs (and of course a random set of upgrades every game for replayability).

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2013, 07:31:26 pm »
DVD's/BluRays
-Tales of Vesperia: the first strike (DVD/Bluray combo)
-Iron man 3(DVD/Bluray combo)
-Austin Powers 1&2
-SPACEBALLS (how did I not have this one yet?)
-Young Justice Season 1, part 2 & season 2, part 1

CD's
-Axel Rudi Pell: Mystica

Manga
-Berserk vol 4.
-BTOOOM! vol 3.

« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2013, 03:56:01 pm »
Snagged the Underworld: Legacy Collection set on Blu-ray for 25 bucks on Amazon. Bit of a guilty pleasure, but I love 'em :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #311 on: December 02, 2013, 09:48:47 pm »
newest anime, movies, and manga I have

jobocan

« Reply #312 on: December 02, 2013, 10:56:15 pm »
newest anime, movies, and manga I have

How's that Yu Yu Hakusho movie? I really enjoy the TV series, but I never gave the movie a try.

jobocan

« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »
Well, increased my board game collection some more. Recently I got Seasons, then a bit later I ordered from a new online store:

Wallenstein
Once Upon a Time
Seasons: Enchanted Kingdom (expansion for Seasons)

But more notably, I just picked up the hard-to-find Heroscape (Rise of the Valkyrie master set) for 10$. A bit of a hard game to find since Heroscape fans grab every master sets they can because that's what contain the most terrain tiles. The problem for new players (like me) is that master sets are hard to find, but you NEED a master set to play the game at all... so 10$ is a solid deal. Now to learn how it's played, and eventually spend millions of hours setting the game up (there's LOTS of stuff in this box :P).

ffxik

« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2013, 07:36:17 am »
Quite a few Magic, The Gathering cards.

Nature of the Beast from Commander 2013
Night of the Ninja and Chaos Reigns from Planechase 2012

And a good number of just cards.  I work with a few people that play the game and have been getting back into it after about a 3 year hiatus. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:50:10 am by ffxik »